It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:51 am

Recording swell, great and bass to separate streams

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

mdyde

Re: Recording swell, great and bass to separate streams

PostSun Dec 05, 2021 12:29 pm

Thanks, Olaf. Great! That's useful to know.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mundiglo

PostMon Dec 06, 2021 10:46 am

Hello Martin,

it now would be great to also have the different audio tracks mapped to the different divisions as you decribed above.
When selecting a physical output device such as my RME UFX in the HW 'Audio Device and Channels', I have the option to select all the different output channels that my RME UFX offers for mapping.

However, when using VST, I see device channels 0001 to 0128 (0001 being the #1 left, #2 right etc). How do I get these channels to appear in Cubase?

Thanks You!
Olaf

mdyde

PostMon Dec 06, 2021 11:28 am

Hello Olaf,

The Hauptwerk VST plug-in is a multi-channel VST instrument, with 16 pairs of stereo audio channels.(32 channels in total). (With the Hauptwerk VST Link selected as the audio device in Hauptwerk, if you scroll down the 'General settings | Audio device and channels ...' screen you will see that the first 32 entries are listed as stereo pairs, and the channel numbers above 32 are listed with 'channel not available on this device'):

VSTLinkChannels.jpg

I don't have Cubase installed at the moment, and I don't remember off-hand exactly how you configure Cubase tracks to use the various channels that a multi-channel VST instrument provides, but I know it's easy to do, and Cubase's documentation will cover that.

With some VST hosts, when adding a multi-channel VST plug-in to a project the host will ask whether you want to add it as a stereo-only plug-in, or as a multi-channel plug-in (16 stereo pairs, in the case of the Hauptwerk VST Link). If Cubase asks that (when adding the plug-in to Cubase's instrument rack) you would need to select the latter. It might also/instead ask you whether you want to create audio tracks for each of the 16 stereo audio channels that the plug-in provides. If it doesn't then you could probably create the audio tracks individually yourself, selecting the VST instrument's appropriate audio channel pair for each track (channels 1+2 for the first track, 3+4 for the next, etc.) as the audio track's audio source.
Best regards, Martin.

mundiglo

PostMon Dec 06, 2021 12:20 pm

Hi Martin,

got it with your advice! - Its the tiny little arrow (an partially hidden by the HauptwerkVST Link-64bit) at the right end of the instrument output window.

Thank You!
Olaf

mdyde

PostMon Dec 06, 2021 12:23 pm

Thanks, Olaf. Excellent. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Previous

Return to Technical support