It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:28 am

Moving ILOK license from cloud to a new computer

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

fdewitt

Moving ILOK license from cloud to a new computer

PostTue Jan 19, 2021 8:14 pm

I am having difficulty in moving a cloud license from an original installation to a new second computer. I am not really sure on how to do this. I made sure I released the license from the original computer and my cloud shows three available licenses one for Hauptwerk 6.01 and two licensed organs, but I cannot figure out how to attached the cloud license to the new computer. Any help would be appreciated.

micdev

Site Admin

Re: Moving ILOK license from cloud to a new computer

PostTue Jan 19, 2021 8:29 pm

Hello,

On your second computer simply install iLOK Manager then log with your credentials. Once logged you will see all your licenses.

Then go to File | Close all cloud sessions (if it is greyed out, it is ok, if not, then click on it). Finally go to File | Open my cloud session. You can now open Hauptwerk.

Should you want for some reasons use the original computer, you simply close and open a cloud session on the other computer.

Hope that helps
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

fdewitt

PostWed Jan 20, 2021 11:14 am

Thanks very much for your guidance. It works great!!
Thanks again!

Floyd

micdev

Site Admin

PostWed Jan 20, 2021 3:47 pm

You're welcome!
Best regards
François

fdewitt

PostTue Apr 20, 2021 8:24 pm

I am again having problems loading any organ in Hauptwerk 6.02. I have not moved the license an I only using one computer. I tried following your earlier instructions, but had no success this time.
When I look at the Ilok screen it shows my licenses in the cloud, but nothing for my computer either before or after I close and open a session. The program was working yesterday and I have not made any changes. When I try to load an organ in Hauptwerk, it loads the first screen, but then the computer freezes and I have to reboot.

micdev

Site Admin

PostTue Apr 20, 2021 8:37 pm

Hi,

Licenses can't only be in the cloud or in an iLOK dongle.It is normal to see 0 activations for the computer in iLOK Manager.

Can you clarify what you mean by

When I try to load an organ in Hauptwerk, it loads the first screen,

Are you talking about the "Organ loading parameters screen?

You're saying that you followed my instruction, but no success this time. So you closed your cloud session and then re-opened it. If the problem was with ilok/licenses you would get a message about missing licenses (for your encrypted organs)

Do you have a non-encrypted organ? Can you load a non-encrypted organ?
Please send me a diagnostic file to support [at] hauptwerk.com so I can better understand your environment, computer configuration and see if any specific errors are generated. In Hauptwerk go to Help | Create a diagnostic..
Best regards
François

fdewitt

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 7:18 am

I could not load a non encrypted organ or even the included Mosley organ. When Hauptwerk loads it presents the select organ page. It's when I try to load an organ from this page that it freezes after the "Organ loading parameters screen?" I'm wondering if there is something going on within Hauptwerk?

After I sent this message, I went down and started Ilok and Hauptwerk again. This time I waited a bit after the notice that my licenses had been loaded and tried starting Hauptwerk again and it worked. I wondering if there is a lag time between my internet and computer and I just need to give it a little time before starting Hauptwerk. I have a Ilok USB, but have never used it.

micdev

Site Admin

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 8:08 am

Hi,

Is it possible that you are loading Hauptwerk automatically once the computer booted? You can't do that since iLOK needs to be initialized before starting Hauptwerk. Ideally wait 10/15 seconds once the computer booted and manually start Hauptwerk.
Best regards
François

fdewitt

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 8:30 am

Hauptwerk is started manually. Because the computer freezes and I have to reboot, I can't get a diagnostic.
What I do get when it freezes is (Intel 64 bit, AUX21) is not responding.

mdyde

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 9:12 am

Hello Floyd,

Some quick thoughts:

- When the freeze occurs, try waiting for a few minutes, just in case something is being very slow for some reason (e.g. a drive, or a MIDI driver).

- Try testing your PC's RAM for errors.

- Although not separately-licensed, St. Anne's is encrypted, and loading any sample set does require a valid Hauptwerk licence to be reported as being present by the iLok system (whether in your iLok dongle, or iLok Cloud). In case your PC is sometimes having problems (or being very slow) connecting to the Internet or iLok Cloud, you could instead move your licences to your iLok dongle.

- If those things don't solve it, it would still be worth sending a diagnostic file to Francois ( support[at]hauptwerk.com ), since it may show the very last thing that Hauptwerk was trying to do prior to the freeze occurring. (E.g. maybe a particular MIDI interface/driver is sometimes freezing when asked to start or stop.) You could create the diagnostic file after you'd rebooted the PC.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

engrssc

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 9:24 am

mdyde wrote:Try testing your PC's RAM for errors.

A friend had a similar problem and we found one of four sticks of RAM to be defective. You can try removing one at a time or better to use MemTest86:

http://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19697#p147687

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Technical support