It is currently Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:53 pm

Migration From HW4 to HW6

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

ludu

Migration From HW4 to HW6

PostWed Feb 03, 2021 4:41 pm

Hello,
So as not to mess around, I would like to be sure that I understood these two details of the process:
—Step 10: I install and run ‘Hauptwerk (Legacy) USB Key Drivers’ with iLok and my old key connected together.
—Step 16: I install ‘Hauptwerk Licensing Packages’ inside HW and send the file created to my dealer.
Is that correct?

micdev

Site Admin

Re: Migration From HW4 to HW6

PostWed Feb 03, 2021 5:50 pm

Bonjour,

Here are the steps to migrate your licenses (from your HW4 dongle to your ilok account)

1. Log into your Hauptwerk.com account (https://hauptwerk.com/my-account) then purchase the License Migration Package - https://www.hauptwerk.com/hauptwerk-v-l ... migration/ . Once the order completed, leave the browser open.

2. Connect your HW4 dongle to the computer. Start HW6, then go to "FILE" ; If HW6 "sees" the HW4 dongle there will be an option in the menu to transfer your licenses. Select that option ( FILE | Initiate migration...) and follow the instructions. Save the file on your desktop.

(NOTE: If the option is not visible in Hauptwerk 6, then go to this page and download and install the needed driver, then start Hauptwerk once installed - https://www.hauptwerk.com/v4-license-updates/) Save the file on your desktop (or somewhere else, but remember where you're saving it since you will need to upload that file to Hauptwerk).

Once the file created, click the link in the pop-up windows confirming the successful generation of the file ( or click this link - https://www.hauptwerk.com/prevvilicensemigrations/ ). Click the button to open the form. Complete the form, upload the file then click SEND only “ONCE”. After clicking you will have the impression that nothing is happening… wait 10-15-20 sec or more and eventually the page will update confirming the transfer.

Your licenses will be deposited into your iLOK account. You will then be able to move your licenses to your iLOK 3 Dongle or use them in iLOK Cloud.

The file that you created is uploaded as explained above, there is no file to send to the dealer (this was for HW4).
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

ludu

PostThu Feb 04, 2021 4:04 am

Bonjour François,

I’m not exactly in the situation you describe, because I have already bought HW6 from my dealer, and my organ is not connected to the internet. Currently, after introducing the activation code, I can see the HW6 license inside iLok. I’m now arrived at the step 9 in the checklist of the user’s manual. If I understand correctly:
Step 10 consists in the transfer between the two dongles, installing and running ‘Hauptwerk (Legacy) USB Key Drivers’ with iLok and my old dongle connected in the same time. (This step may be done on my Mac, connected on the internet.)
Step 11: not applicable because I’ve received HW6 on a USB stick.
Step 12: I install HW6 on the PC dedicated to my organ.
Step 13: I restart.
Step 14: HW runs automatically.
Step 15: Wizard configuration does the job for me.
Step 16: I install ‘Hauptwerk Licensing Packages’ inside HW and send the file created to my dealer.
Could you please confirm if I’m right?

Thanks in advance.

mdyde

PostThu Feb 04, 2021 5:22 am

Hello Luc,

ludu wrote:Step 10 consists in the transfer between the two dongles, installing and running ‘Hauptwerk (Legacy) USB Key Drivers’ with iLok and my old dongle connected in the same time. (This step may be done on my Mac, connected on the internet.)

No -- you'd want the Hauptwerk v4 USB Key driver to be installed on your main Hauptwerk PC, and for the v4 dongle to be attached to that PC. However, since you're already using Hauptwerk v4 on that PC, the driver will already be installed on it, so you can just skip step 10.

However, do also (as covered in steps 7 and 8) make sure that the current version of iLok License Manager ( https://ilok.com/ ) is installed on your Hauptwerk PC too, and that the iLok dongle is also attached to that PC.

I.e. you would want both dongles to be attached to your Hauptwerk PC.

ludu wrote:Step 11: not applicable because I’ve received HW6 on a USB stick.
Step 12: I install HW6 on the PC dedicated to my organ.
Step 13: I restart.

Correct.

ludu wrote:Step 14: HW runs automatically.

The Hauptwerk v5+ installer no longer has an option in it for making Hauptwerk launch automatically (since Microsoft's preferred method varies between Windows versions).

However, once installed, you can make Windows launch v6 launch automatically when booting via Windows' standard methods (e.g. see: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 3c295d89dd ). I'd recommend not configuring it to launch automatically until you've finished all of the other upgrading steps, and have everything else working properly.

ludu wrote:Step 15: Wizard configuration does the job for me

Yes -- just leave the options at their defaults and click through the wizard (assuming you want to keep everything configured as you currently have it).

ludu wrote:Step 16: I install ‘Hauptwerk Licensing Packages’ inside HW and send the file created to my dealer.

You need to install the Hauptwerk Licensing Packages in Hauptwerk (on your Hauptwerk PC), but *don't* send that file to your dealer. (You don't need to send any files to your dealer.)

Migrating your existing v4 sample set licences to v5+ is covered in step 17, and in more detail in Francois' reply above.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

ludu

PostThu Feb 04, 2021 6:23 am

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your help. In the current situation, iLok is installed both on my Mac (connected to the internet) and on the dedicated HW PC (not connected). The activation code has been entered in iLok and I can see my HW6 license appear. The USB stick that my dealer sent to me includes:
—HauptwerkLicensingPackages.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar
—InstallHauptwerk_v6.0.1.002.exe
—A folder named ‘LicenseSupportInstallerWin64’
—vc_redist.x64.exe

I will now try to summarise the steps that I still have to accomplish on my dedicated HW PC.
1) I plug in iLok and my old HW4 dongle.
2) I run ‘InstallHauptwerk_v6.0.1.002.exe’.
3) I accept the initiatives of ‘General Configuration Wizard’.
4) I install ‘HauptwerkLicensingPackages.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar’ in HW6.
5) I run ‘License Migration Request’ in HW6.
6) I send the file produced to MDA.

Can you please confirm? Thanks in advance.

mdyde

PostThu Feb 04, 2021 6:48 am

Hello Luc,

Yes -- that's correct.
Best regards, Martin.

ludu

PostThu Feb 04, 2021 8:46 am

Hello,
HW6 is installed successful, but I cannot open it because of the message: NO INTERNET CONNECTION.
Only my Mac is connected. I cannot bring any internet connection to my organ. What can I do?

mdyde

PostThu Feb 04, 2021 8:54 am

Hello Luc,

Please try:

- Check that you've definitely installed the latest version of iLok License Manager ( https://ilok.com/ ). If in doubt, please try (re-)installing it, then rebooting. If needed, you could potentially download it and transfer it to your PC via your USB memory stick.

- Check that you iLok dongle is connected to the PC, and that its internal LED is lit (which means the driver can see it).

- Launch iLok License Manager, and make sure that it lists your iLok dongle in its left-hand pane, which indicates that it can see the dongle.

Does that solve it?
Best regards, Martin.

ludu

PostThu Feb 04, 2021 9:13 am

Hello Martin,

I’ve just reinstalled iLok Manager.
I can see the little blue light.
When I open iLok Manager, I receive a message saying that the Internet is not available and I don’t see any more my HW licence that I can see on my Mac.

mdyde

PostThu Feb 04, 2021 9:32 am

Thanks, Luc.

Is the date/time set correctly on your Hauptwerk PC? (iLok License Manager may require an Internet connection to re-synchronise licences if the clock of the computer that the dongle's connected to 'moves back in time' significantly, presumably as an anti-hacking measure.)
Best regards, Martin.

ludu

PostThu Feb 04, 2021 9:36 am

Yes, I confirm the date and time are correct.
Is there a setting I’m supposed to do in order to use my iLok without internet connection?

ludu

PostThu Feb 04, 2021 9:55 am

Hello Martin,
I just discovered that my licence was not activated in iLok.
Now HW is opening. I keep you informed.

engrssc

PostThu Feb 04, 2021 10:35 am

With multiple Hauptwerk licences (3 - V4 dongles), does each require to do these procedures separately? How many migration licences need to be purchased?

Rgds,
Ed

mdyde

PostThu Feb 04, 2021 11:03 am

ludu wrote:Hello Martin,
I just discovered that my licence was not activated in iLok.
Now HW is opening. I keep you informed.

Thanks, Luc. Excellent.

engrssc wrote:With multiple Hauptwerk licences (3 - V4 dongles), does each require to do these procedures separately? How many migration licences need to be purchased?

Hello Ed,

As I understand, since October 2020, migrating a v3/v4 dongle's licences to v5+ costs $30 per v3/v4 dongle: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19044
Best regards, Martin.

engrssc

PostThu Feb 04, 2021 11:12 am

More specifically, as I ran into problems previously when updating all of my licenses at the same time and needed assistance undoing those issues having had trouble identifying and keeping them straight.

Rgds,
Ed
Next

Return to Technical support