It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:26 pm

launchpad not seen on hauptwerk startup in windows

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

fchazz

launchpad not seen on hauptwerk startup in windows

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 10:01 am

All updates have been done on all 6 of my launchpad mk2s and each has an ID number assigned.. Every time I start Hauptwerk in windows I get the cancel screen because it thinks my number three launchpad is not connected however it is. I will hit mark as missing and everything works as it should including the launchpad I just told was missing. Also it is ticked off as in use on the midi port screen. I made a diagnostic file.
help please.

mdyde

Re: launchpad not seen on hauptwerk startup in windows

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 10:14 am

Hello Frank,

If you've set Windows to launch Hauptwerk when it boots, then probably the Launchpads haven't finished initialising at the point in time at which Windows is launching Hauptwerk. Try waiting a few extra seconds before launching Hauptwerk.

Also, make sure that your Launchpads have sufficient USB power. If you're connecting them via a USB hub, make sure that it's a good quality powered (not 'bus-powered') model with more than ample power for all of the devices connected to it. It might be the case that the Launchpads draw more current as the initialise (as the computer boots) than they do subsequently.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

fchazz

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 10:19 am

No, hauptwerk is not set to launch at windows boot. All usb hubs are at full power. Same hardware arrangement when I boot into osx with no problems. Just seems really strange.

mdyde

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 10:24 am

Thanks, Frank.

Do you mean that the problem has just started occurring on that computer in Windows 10, whereas it was working properly on it until then (in Windows 10)?

If so, have you updated anything on it under Windows 10 (e.g. applied any Windows updates, or driver updates, or added or removed any USB hardware) since it was working?
Best regards, Martin.

fchazz

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 11:08 am

In fact the launchpad which is doing this was replaced while I was exclusively using my osx installation. then upon going back to my windows side of my mac I ran into this..

fchazz

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 11:42 am

At this point it's more of an inconvenience then anything.

mdyde

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 11:45 am

Thanks, Frank.

For good measure, please first make sure that you've disabled all Windows power-saving functions (and especially 'USB selective suspend') as covered in the 'Performance tuning: Other operating system and computer optimizations and diagnostics' section half way down page 274 in the current v6.0.1 user guide).

If that doesn't solve it:

If you exit and then re-launch Hauptwerk do you still get the warning about the missing device? Does it happen every time that you launch Hauptwerk, or only sometimes? (Maybe the Launchpad's Windows driver is presenting a slightly different name for the device, given that you replaced it, or that you unplugged its USB connection and reconnected the replacement.)
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support