It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:09 pm

Is HW6 less temperamental?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

StephenM

Is HW6 less temperamental?

PostMon Mar 01, 2021 3:17 am

I have 93 .xml temperament files in the folder .....\HSS&C\Temperaments.

They all show up in HW6 under Pitch/Load temperament.

However under Pitch/Assign Favourite only 20 temperaments are listed. Only these 20 show up when I try to load a temperament.

Where are the other 73 temperaments?

I have just re-loaded Augustine's Zamardi organ, which comes with its own Zamardi temperament. This one does not show up in the Load Temperament menu.

Some of the 93 temperaments are not native to Hauptwerk, some I have constructed myself.

I think I used to be able to install these temperaments but I can't see where I can install any .xml file.

Any help?
Stephen

mdyde

Re: Is HW6 less temperamental?

PostMon Mar 01, 2021 4:49 am

Hello Stephen,

All of the 'favourites' lists (favourite organs, favourite combination sets, and favourite temperaments) work in the same way in Hauptwerk in that:

- You need to load the relevant item first, e.g. via 'Temperament | Load temperament', or the 'Load ...' button on the 'Pitch' large control panel ('View | Large floating control panels ...| Pitch').

- Once the item has been loaded, you can then assign it to the desired one of the 'favourite' slots, e.g. using the 'Assign' button on the Pitch large control panel, or via the 'Pitch | Assign current temperament as favorite' menu.

I.e. you need to assign the desired item to the desired slot in the favourites list first, and thereafter it will be available to select from the favourites list.

The 'Selecting temperaments' section in the Hauptwerk user guide (pages 137-138 in the current v6.0.2 version) covers it.

There's no difference in v6 compared to v4/v5 in that regard, except that in v6 the number of favourites slots has been increased to 64 (previously it was 32), and v6 now also has functionality to edit (insert/delete/copy/paste/etc.) favourite assignments.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

StephenM

PostMon Mar 01, 2021 8:17 am

Martin,

Of course!
I do that with favourite organs all the time.

Thx
Stephen

mdyde

PostMon Mar 01, 2021 8:19 am

Thanks, Stephen. You're welcome!
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support