It is currently Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:14 pm

Error Midi in Message code 3809

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

dr.stewa

Error Midi in Message code 3809

PostFri Apr 02, 2021 3:56 pm

After leaving my organ unattended for some hours I always get an error message and have to restart the system:

Could not stop MIDI IN port
Steinberg UR44-1
Operating system message: unbekannter externer Fehler code :1 Hex:1
Message code (for diagnostic purpose) 3809.

I have disabled all energy savings etc. Reinstalled the drivers.... no change.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,

Stephan

micdev

Site Admin

Re: Error Midi in Message code 3809

PostFri Apr 02, 2021 8:42 pm

Hello Stephan,

Even if you disabled all energy saving features, it seems that something is still "falling asleep".. The error is about an "unknown external error", quite possibly your Steinberg.

Are you running Hauptwerk on Windows or MAC. Quite possible that your USB port is powering off. If you are using Windows, see this document explaining how to disable USB Power management - https://www.hamoperator.com/Fusion/FusionFiles/K9EQ-Fusion-PDF-0023.pdf
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

dr.stewa

PostSat Apr 03, 2021 10:46 am

Hello Francois,

thank You, but this is exactly what I did: disabled USB Energy Savings in the two ways as proposed in the pdf.
Is there probably anything to disable or enable in the BIOS?
What does this code number 3809 mean?
Anyone else having this problem? I use a Medion Erazor Notebook, i7, Windos10 Professional, all updates, no other relevant tasks running, only USB from my second touchscreen...

Stephan

mdyde

PostSat Apr 03, 2021 10:53 am

dr.stewa wrote:What does this code number 3809 mean?

Hello Stephan,

That's simply Hauptwerk's error code for reporting the driver message. It's the driver that's giving the message (presumably because the driver has lost communication with the hardware device for some reason) -- Hauptwerk is simply reporting the driver's message.

The driver's actual error message text is this bit:

dr.stewa wrote:unbekannter externer Fehler code :1 Hex:1

If you're certain that you've disabled all USB power-saving options in Windows (maybe there are also some in your BIOS -- it's certainly worth checking), then you could perhaps try asking Steinberg for their advice on it.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

randallschmid

PostMon Apr 05, 2021 4:12 pm

I would suggest you verify that Windows systems sounds are not sent to your UR44. You could also disable all windows systems sounds. It may be that HW has exclusive access to the ASIO driver and when Windows or some other running software wakes up, it attempts to play a sound.

If this doesn't work, I would make sure you have the latest Yamaha/Steinberg USB driver and firmware installed. If you do ,then I would contact Steinberg support or look and query the Steinberg forum under hardware.

Return to Technical support