It is currently Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:03 am

Viscount Cantorum Duo set up issues

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

MAXlMUS

Viscount Cantorum Duo set up issues

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 9:20 am

Hi Guys

I hope I have posted to the correct board.

I am trying to set up Hauptwerk for a friend of mine on the above mentioned organ.

The organ is connected to a Presonus Audiobox via midi, and USB to a laptop. I think we are nearly there as when I load in the sample organ the green midi light flashes(bottom right) when we hit some keys on the Viscount. However when we use the keys on the organ the sounds work but it shows up as using the pedals on the Hauptwerk interface.

Is this a organ configuration issue or can somebody point me in the right direction

Many Thanks

micdev

Site Admin

Re: Viscount Cantorum Duo set up issues

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 9:29 am

Hi,

You will need to assign/link your keyboards and pedalboard to the virtual organ. See the "Quick start" section in the Hauptwerk Installation and User Guide page 37. Page 45+ will explain how to do an "Auto-detection" to link your physical devices to the virtual organ.

Hope that helps
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

MAXlMUS

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 6:54 am

Many thanks for this.

I have managed to assign the swell and the great keys.

However when we assign the pedals it duplicates on the swell, how can we assign the pedals independently?

mnailor

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 7:54 am

Page EN-16 of the Duo user manual tells you how to check or change the MIDI output channels for keyboards and pedals. They should be different, and are 1, 2, and 4 in factory settings.

That's assuming your pedalboard and the duo share the same MIDI or USB MIDI connection to the computer.

mdyde

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 8:04 am

Hello MAXlMUS,

Some thoughts to add to others' replies:

- Make sure your MIDI interface is ticked in one of the 'Console MIDI IN' rows (e.g. 'Console MIDI IN 01') on the 'General settings | MIDI ports | MIDI IN ports' screen tab in Hauptwerk (*not* in the 'Hauptwerk MIDI recorder/player external MIDI IN' row).

- With the St. Anne's organ loaded, on the 'Audio, MIDI and Performance' large control panel ('View | Large ... control panels ...') you should see the green ('Console MIDI IN') virtual LEDs flash as you press keys on the Viscount, and you can see which MIDI channels LEDs flash as you play keys on each of the Viscount's keyboards. You need to make sure (within the Viscount's settings, if needed) that each of its keyboards is sending on a distinct MIDI channel, as Mark mentioned.

If you do change any of the Viscount keyboards' MIDI channels, you'll need to auto-detect the virtual keyboards again in Hauptwerk (right-click, 'Auto-detect ...').
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support