It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 1:02 pm

Steinmeyer Berlin tremulant auto detect issue

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Lougheed

Steinmeyer Berlin tremulant auto detect issue

PostFri Apr 23, 2021 8:50 am

I’m working with the Steinmeyer Berlin trial.

How do I configure the tremulants?

Auto detect is working for all other physical controls of my Rodgers console, but the virtual screens have two “buttons” one for turning on the tremulant, and another for turning off. (This occurs for both swell and choir divisions).

So, the usual auto detect route doesn’t work. (I’ve tried learning both on and off for the same physical control, but no success).

I have a choir division tremulant drawknob and also a swell division tremulant drawknob on the Rodgers console and of course would like to use those for turning on and off the tremulants in the respective divisions.

How would I configure to accomplish this?

mdyde

Re: Steinmeyer Berlin tremulant auto detect issue

PostFri Apr 23, 2021 9:29 am

Hello Lawrence,

On/off-type (latching/'stateful') MIDI switches, such as solenoid-actuated/illuminated draw-knobs/tabs would really need to be auto-detected to latching virtual switches (not to momentary pistons), in order to behave as one would want them (i.e. with their states matching the on/off state of the organs' virtual tremulants).

I don't have experience with the Steinmeyer sample set myself, but if it also makes latching switches available via the 'Organ settings | Stop/coupler/tremulant switches and pistons/buttons'' screen, then you could auto-detect them accordingly there (instead of needing to use its momentary pistons).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

micdev

Site Admin

Re: Steinmeyer Berlin tremulant auto detect issue

PostFri Apr 23, 2021 1:10 pm

Hello Lawrence,

As I explained by email the Tremulant is using 2 switches, one to turn ON, another one to turn OFF.

In Organ settings | Stop/coupler/tremulant switches and pistons/buttons, you will see two switches for Manual 2: (same thing for M3)

- Tremulant-M2-off
- Tremulant-M2-on

On my console I'm able to assigned 2 pistons (on per state) and it is behaving correctly. If I want to turn ON the tremulant, I press my "ON" piston, to turn off my "OFF" piston, but I haven't been able to use a toggle type of control.

For Hauptwerk, M2-ON and M2-OFF are two different controls and internally linked to change the state of the other control when activated, but to activate it, so far, only was able to toggle then by using 2 different pistons.

You will get a similar behavior with the Piano Pedal 2 & 3.
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

Return to Technical support