It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 12:18 pm

dongle problem

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

maefe

dongle problem

PostThu Feb 01, 2007 12:42 pm

today i've received and installed HW2
but also with the dongle i hear the "DING" sound
why?

giwro

PostThu Feb 01, 2007 12:50 pm

Make sure you have installed the dongle's driver!
Jonathan Orwig
Coon Rapids, Minnesota USA
http://www.evensongmusic.net

mdyde

PostThu Feb 01, 2007 1:00 pm

today i've received and installed HW2
but also with the dongle i hear the "DING" sound
why?

I replied to your email to me about this with suggestions to try. I've copied my email reply below:

---

First try rebooting the computer.

Is the orange lamp inside the dongle lit? If not, please temporarily detach all other USB devices from the computer then try the dongle in each possible USB port directly on the computer (not via a USB hub).

For each port, launch Hauptwerk and see if it then detects the dongle. If it is working, the end of the dongle should light up and Hauptwerk should start without the 'evaluation' message.

Thanks and best regards,
Martin.

P.S. The most common cause of the dongle not being detected is that it's attached to a USB port on the computer which isn't connected to the motherboard, i.e. is not a functioning USB port.

maefe

PostThu Feb 01, 2007 2:59 pm

i've resolved by reinstalling HW2
excuse me
grazie

dwood

Dongle not recognized

PostFri Feb 09, 2007 5:43 pm

I was wondering if anyone can help me out.

I have a Mac Pro with HW 2.21. I have the dongle plugged in to the back of the Mac Pro so it is not in the keyboard hub. However, when I boot up HW for the first time, it tells me there is no dongle and so it starts in evaluation mode.

The light is on on the dongle.

How might I fix this?

Thanks,

Darryl

mdyde

PostSat Feb 10, 2007 6:50 am

Hello Darryl,

Try rebooting, detaching the dongle, then re-running the Hauptwerk installer (it will just re-install without losing any settings or organs). The final stage is installing the dongle driver, which should display a message indicating that it was installed successfully - make sure you see that and not an error message. Then reboot again for good measure.

If that doesn't help, try detaching all other USB devices (except for the keyboard/mouse) and try the dongle in each possible USB port.

If that still doesn't help, maybe try downloading the latest (GUI) Mac OS X installer for dongle driver here:

http://www.aladdin.com/support/hasp/enduser.asp

... i.e. 'HDD_Installer_MacOSX.dmg' v1.94.

No problems using/detecting the dongle have previously been reported to me on the Mac platform. I suppose there is a chance that it could be a hardware fault on the USB port, although that's unlikely.

Does that same dongle work on a PC, just to rule out the possibility of a hardware fault in the dongle?

Best regards,
Martin.

Return to Technical support