It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:30 am

Hauptwerk & Ilok

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

mdyde

Re: Hauptwerk & Ilok

PostThu Apr 29, 2021 3:41 am

engrssc wrote:I haven't looked recently regarding selling (or giving) a Hauptwerk license to another person. I know there used to be specifics in that regard within the HW license agreement. . Maybe a current clarification is available from François or Martin?

Hello Ed,

PACE's 'Your Licenses | How do I transfer licenses to another iLok account?' FAQ ( https://ilok.com/#!faq ) covers the steps for that, and PACE's charges for it (currently $25 per licence up to a maximum of $50 for transferring any number of licences at once).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mdyde

PostFri Jul 23, 2021 4:00 am

Hello Rod,

I'm replying to your post from another one of your topics (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19901&p=149323#p149322) here, since it relates to what we covered in this topic, so as to keep the discussion and information in one place:

RODANDUNA wrote:Thanks Martin for the update I also have H/W 6.02 on another organ that is not working at the moment so was wondering if it would be best to transfer 6.02 over to the main organ that is using H/W 5 By doing so would I still be able to intergrate it with all of my saved settings that I have as I don't want to lose anything from H/W5 You told me previously that I would need to do this via ilok which is ok but wonder if there is other problems doing this as it would be different from downloading H/W 6.02 from your link & just following instructions to intergrate I guess I would also have to transfer my H/W 5 to the other organ that is not working at the moment as I guess I can;t have H/W 6 & H/W 5 on the same organ Is there any easy way to do this? .Thank Martin Cheers Rod

- It wouldn't be possible or useful for your to have both Hauptwerk v5 and v6 installed together on the same computer . (Only one version of Hauptwerk can be installed/present on any given computer operating system partition at a time.)

- There are two aspects to upgrading:

----- a) Upgrading the software itself. For that you would just need to exit Hauptwerk if it's running, then download and run the Hauptwerk v6.0.2 installer, leaving all options at their defaults in the installer, and it would upgrade your v5 installation to v6.0.2. No settings/combinations/etc. should be lost in the process (but it's always good practice to use 'File | Backup ...' in your current Hauptwerk version before upgrading, for good measure).

----- b) In order to run Hauptwerk itself a valid licence for that version (v6) needs to be present on the computer.

- To swap your v5 and v6 licences between your two dongles you would want to transfer the v6 licence into your main iLok account (the one that currently has your v5 licence and all of your Paramount and Neil Jensen organs in it). You would need to do that via PACE's website, for which they charge a $50 fee, as covered previously in this topic. [Instructions can be found on https://ilok.com/#!faq under 'Your Licenses | How do I transfer licenses to another iLok account?'.] Once that's done, all of your licences (a full licence for v5, plus a full licence for v6, plus all of your organ licences) would be within the same iLok account, and you could then completely abandon the other (empty) iLok account.

- You could then re-register your other iLok dongle (the one that you were previously using for v6) to the iLok account that now has all of your licences in it, i.e. so that both of your iLok dongles, and all of your licences, are all registered to the same iLok account. (The other, abandoned account would no longer have any licences in it, and it would no longer have any dongles registered to it.)

- Once everything is using the same iLok account you could freely move any licences around between your two dongles if/whenever you wish with iLok License Manager (with no need to pay any PACE transfer fees again, since those fees only apply if moving licences between different iLok accounts -- not if simply moving licences between dongles within the same account).
Best regards, Martin.

RODANDUNA

PostFri Jul 23, 2021 4:50 am

Thanks Martin I will look into this method Thanks again Rod

mdyde

PostFri Jul 23, 2021 5:28 am

Thanks, Rod. You're very welcome. Hope it helps.
Best regards, Martin.

mdyde

PostFri Jul 23, 2021 5:32 am

P.S. Just in case you weren't already aware of it, you could potentially also/instead upgrade your Hauptwerk v5 Advanced Edition Perpetual licence to a Hauptwerk v6 Advanced Edition Perpetual licence for $99 here:

https://www.hauptwerk.com/upgrade-advan ... perpetual/
Best regards, Martin.
Previous

Return to Technical support