It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:27 am

Exporting only the MIDI-settings to another setup

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

eivind

Exporting only the MIDI-settings to another setup

PostSun May 02, 2021 1:41 pm

Hello!

I am still on V here (which I still haven't got working with Cubase - i.e. audio routing in the mixer - so I've been abandoning HW for the last two years) - and now I'd like to set up a simple version outside the VST with only stereo speakers and the built in impulse revs, so at least I can enjoy my Skinner Dry.

When I started doing this - I found that I also have to set up all MIDI again. Is there a way to export/import MIDI-settings only (without touching the mixer settings that is)??

mdyde

Re: Exporting only the MIDI-settings to another setup

PostSun May 02, 2021 2:18 pm

Hello eivind,

It isn't possible to export/import MIDI settings without audio (or conversely), I'm afraid. However, if you just want the audio settings to be at their defaults then you could potentially export/import all of the settings, and then use 'General settings | General configuration wizard' with just the following 'reset' options ticked:

- Reset audio device settings.
- Reset general audio routing settings (mixer buses and groups).

... then use 'General settings | Audio device ...' to select your audio interface/driver/channels, and then use 'Organ settings | Organ configuration wizard' with just the following 'reset' option ticked:

- Reset rank audio routing ...

That way all of your audio routing would be set back to factory defaults.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

eivind

PostWed May 05, 2021 11:29 am

Thanks!

.. and I can then save it so it doesn't interfere with my VST-setup?

(I'm determined to figure out if the ranks can be routed to separate VST-channels.. looking into the issue every now and then.)

mdyde

PostWed May 05, 2021 12:03 pm

Thanks, eivind.

eivind wrote:.. and I can then save it so it doesn't interfere with my VST-setup?

The four configurations (desktop short-cuts) have completely independent settings, so any settings changes you make in one won't affect any of the others. You can import/export all settings from one configuration to another via the backup/restore mechanism -- see the 'Backing up and restoring your settings and data: Copying your settings from one configuration to another on the same computer' section in the main Hauptwerk user guide for how to do that (pages 34-36 in the v5.0.1 version).

eivind wrote:(I'm determined to figure out if the ranks can be routed to separate VST-channels.. looking into the issue every now and then.)

Yes -- you can certainly easily route ranks directly to audio device channels. The Hauptwerk VST Link behaves like an audio output device, so you can route ranks to its channel pairs too. The 'Audio routing and impulse response reverb ...' chapters in the main Hauptwerk user guide (pages 168-203 in the v5.0.1 version) cover it all in depth. There are also various tutorials etc. in this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=17916

mdyde wrote:In the main Hauptwerk user guide's routing sections, 'Example 6: multi-channel audio with 24 (or more) speakers configured as stereo pairs in 3 groups of 4 pairs each, with different organ divisions routed to different groups, optionally plus a sub-woofer, optionally with an additional pair of ‘rear’ speakers for surround-sound, optionally with an additional pair of speakers as an ‘aux reverb mix’ with added reverb (which can be bypassed, or its wetness adjusted, on a per-organ basis)' [pages 198-203 in the v5.0.1 version] gives an example of routing different divisions to different groups. (If you only want to use a single stereo pair of speakers for each division, then you would only want one mixer bus, i.e. speaker pair, in each of your groups/divisions).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support