It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:36 am

No Sound with St. Anne's

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

voet

No Sound with St. Anne's

PostFri May 07, 2021 7:34 pm

For some reason, St. Anne's has stopped working. When I load it, the screen looks normal, the stops and keys move, but there is no sound. Every other sample set works fine. Any ideas?

micdev

Site Admin

Re: No Sound with St. Anne's

PostFri May 07, 2021 8:47 pm

Hello Bill,

You probably never loaded St-Anne so far (and I probably didn't set it up when we installed your system) Have you checked the rank routing in Organ settings | Rank routing.... The stops are probably routed to the mixer bus group 0005 (which is the default one). With your audio configuration (if I recall correctly) the destination bus should be 0013.

If it still doesn't work, let me know.
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

voet

PostSun May 09, 2021 7:22 am

Mystery solved. I had loaded a single rank from one of the Polyphony Testing organs to do some trouble shooting. I did not realize that it would affect the regular St. Anne's Moseley organ. I reloaded the ranks on St. Anne's and now it works.

mdyde

PostSun May 09, 2021 7:37 am

Hello Bill,

Glad to hear you have it working again.

Just for reference: any organ settings you change (e.g. which ranks you have loaded, or where you've routed them, or anything else on the 'Organ settings' menu) in one organ won't in itself affect any other organ. However, changing anything on the 'General settings' menu, such as audio mixer or audio device settings, will affect all organs. If that doesn't explain it, perhaps your audio interface/driver happened simply to misbehave on the previous occasion when you loaded St. Anne's, whereas it's working normally again now. Anyway, it works again now, which is what matters.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support