It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 am

Reversible registration problem

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

KenA

Reversible registration problem

PostFri May 21, 2021 2:19 pm

I am having difficulty using “reversible registrations “ in Hauptwerk V. My understanding from the manual is that reversibles allow you to temporarily add additional stops to a current registration and then remove these extra stops and revert to the original registration.
I have midi-linked one of the toe studs to the A1 reversible button on the large registration screen. The A1 reversible button blinks on and off when I activate the toe stud so it is properly midi-linked. If I set up a registration, say on A1 General, add some extra pedal stops and set the enhanced registration on A1 Reversible. and then go back to the original A1 general registration. When I tap the toe stud, the enhance registration appears, but only for as long as I am pressing the toe stud. Once I release the toe stud. the registration reverts to the original A1 general settings. The problem appears to be that the reversible button doesn’t latch. My understanding of how it is supposed to work is that you tap it once to bring on the changed registration and then tap it again to revert to the original setting.
What am I doing wrong?
KenA

mnailor

Re: Reversible registration problem

PostFri May 21, 2021 2:27 pm

There's a checkbox on the MIDI learn window to toggle whether the toe stud latches the reversible or switches it off again when released. Sorry I can't remember the wording, but you have to change the checkbox from the setting it suggests when it detects an on - off piston instead of a momentary piston.

mdyde

PostFri May 21, 2021 2:49 pm

Hello Ken,

[Topic moved here.]

Yes -- your MIDI toe stud must be sending a 'stateful' MIDI message, such as a MIDI note-on as you press it, and a note-off as you release it. People often use (latching) MIDI draw-knobs/tabs with similar MIDI implementations for controlling reversibles, whereas your toe pistons are momentary, so in your case you would need to select the 'toggle' option when auto-detecting.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

KenA

PostSat May 22, 2021 12:23 pm

Thank you. I figured that there should be simple solution. I just never noticed the toggle option.

mdyde

PostSat May 22, 2021 1:00 pm

Thanks, Ken. Glad it was easily resolved.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support