It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 am

Three Touchscreens

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

münsterorganist

Three Touchscreens

PostMon May 31, 2021 4:02 am

Question: I use 3 Touchcsreens. The first time it is loaded, only 1 screen appears and I have to split the other two manually. When a new sample is called up, the screens remain in their respective layout. The setting is "normal" .What have I to do, that by first loading HW the screens appears in the right way?
Thanks.

mdyde

Re: Three Touchscreens

PostMon May 31, 2021 5:37 am

Hello münsterorganist,

Whenever you exit Hauptwerk it saves the positions and states (whether they're open or not) of each of the four virtual console windows. Next time that you re-launch Hauptwerk it should restore those windows to their previous positions/states. I.e. if you had three console windows open in Hauptwerk and had positioned them on your respective three touch-screens, then those three console windows should reopen on those same touch-screens when you next launch Hauptwerk.

If that isn't happening then either:

- The operating system has since changed the topology of the computer screens, so that the previous screens no longer appear to be there (in which case Hauptwerk would default to opening the screens on the primary computer screen), or:

-Hauptwerk isn't exiting cleanly. (Make sure you don't simply cut the power to the computer -- your computer needs to shut down properly in order that files and settings get saved properly on exit.)

If instead the windows are being restored properly to their respective computer screens, but you're referring to which of an organ's virtual console pages/tabs is selected on each when you load a newly-installed organ for the first time:

Whenever you load any given organ for the first time, the first one of its virtual console screen pages/tabs will always be shown on each of the four Hauptwerk virtual console windows (since Hauptwerk can't know which of the tabs you would want to be displayed on each of them, and it only takes one click to change it). However, any changes to the selected pages/tabs will be remembered for the organ, and restored automatically whenever subsequently loading that organ.

(If that isn't happening, then check that your computer is shutting down properly, as above, since settings may need to be saved automatically when you exit Hauptwerk.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

münsterorganist

PostMon May 31, 2021 6:17 am

Dear Martin,
thanks for quickly answer.
At all samples I have the same settings: Left Left, middle Console, right right.
Shut down PC, only then do I disconnect from network.
I see after start HW first only the primary screen. The two other screens you see Windows. Perhaps its a mistake in my PC.
Thanks for your help.

mdyde

PostMon May 31, 2021 6:38 am

Thanks, münsterorganist.

Yes -- that shouldn't be happening.

Try positioning the screens as you want them, then exiting Hauptwerk (but don't reboot the PC), then re-launching it. You should see that the screens are restored properly.

Now try exiting Hauptwerk completely, waiting a minute or so for good measure to ensure that Hauptwerk has had time to finish exiting, then rebooting the PC, then relaunching Hauptwerk. Are the window positions restored properly that time? Also, have you set Windows to launch Hauptwerk automatically when the PC boots? (If so, perhaps Windows is launching Hauptwerk before Windows has finished initialising the computer screens.)
Best regards, Martin.

münsterorganist

PostMon May 31, 2021 11:05 am

Thank you Martin. I have tried your suggestions, but it always the same. If I start HW first, only the prime screen shows HW, under the prime screen, I find the second and third screen, wich I can distribute manually. HW is started by Autostart.
After first start a new set or others loading is problem-free. Best regards.

mdyde

PostMon May 31, 2021 11:16 am

Thanks, münsterorganist.

If you try this specific test:

mdyde wrote:Try positioning the screens as you want them, then exiting Hauptwerk (but don't reboot the PC), then re-launching it [Hauptwerk]. You should see that the screens are restored properly.

... do the windows get reopened on the expect computer screens?
Best regards, Martin.

münsterorganist

PostMon May 31, 2021 11:56 am

Thank you. Yes, if I do so, the windows are correct.

mdyde

PostMon May 31, 2021 12:23 pm

Thanks, münsterorganist.

Excellent.

In that case, please try:

- Disable the Windows setting for launching Hauptwerk when Windows boots (e.g. via the 'Start-up' tab in Task Manager), i.e. so that Windows will no longer try to start Hauptwerk automatically.

- Now exit Hauptwerk if it's running, and wait at least one minute, just to make sure that Hauptwerk has time to finish exiting properly, for good measure.

- Now reboot the PC. [Hauptwerk should no longer start automatically.]

- After logging into Windows, wait at least one minute, to ensure Windows has had time to finish initialising the computer screens.

- Now re-launch Hauptwerk.

Are the screens positions now restored properly?
Best regards, Martin.

münsterorganist

PostMon May 31, 2021 2:51 pm

I'm sorry, but it makes no difference. If I change sets after first loading, all sets are correct. Just only after first start PC the screens are not correct. Only one shows HW. I disconnect from power my PC after using.
I think, maybe a problem with my PC.

micdev

Site Admin

PostMon May 31, 2021 3:51 pm

Hi,

Try positioning the screens as you want them, then exiting Hauptwerk (but don't reboot the PC), then re-launching it [Hauptwerk]. You should see that the screens are restored properly.

So by exiting Hauptwerk then re-launching it your windows are opening correctly, on the right monitors.

Now do the following:
- Start Hauptwerk. Position your windows as needed
- Exit Hauptwerk. Do NOT shutdown yet the computer
- To validate, re-start Hauptwerk. Your windows should be on all 3 monitors (as you reported previously).
- Exit Hauptwerk.
- Shutdown computer
- Restart computer
- Wait till the desktop is displayed (normally you should see the Windows' desktop on all 3 monitors). Don't start Hauptwerk
- Wait 30 seconds
- Start Hauptwerk
- Are the windows located on all 3 monitors as they were before re-starting?

Keep me posted.
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

münsterorganist

PostTue Jun 01, 2021 12:58 am

Dear micdev and Martin,
thanks for so much help. Unfortunately only one screen opens HW after primary start. Tried everything you guess. Perhaps its a problem of my PC? Thanks.

micdev

Site Admin

PostTue Jun 01, 2021 5:21 am

Hello münsterorganist,

You're saying that you did the sequence above and after rebooting the computer?

Can you send me 2 diagnostic files at support [at] hauptwerk.com.

Do the following:

1. Start Hauptwerk, open your 3 windows.
2.Exit Hauptwerk
3. Re-open Hauptwerk (your 3 windows should be ok).
4. Go to Help | Create a diagnostic file....

then
5. Exit Hauptwerk.
6. Shutdown computer
7. Re-start computer
8. Start Hauptwerk.... I guess the windows won't be displayed
9. Go to Help | Create a diag.... You will need to modify the file name to not overwrite the first file create. Simply add a -2 in the file name - Hauptwerk Diagnostic File 2021-06-01-2.Diagnostic_Hauptwerk_gz
10. Send me both files
Best regards
François

münsterorganist

PostTue Jun 01, 2021 6:51 am

Thank you Francois for help. I have sent two diagnostic files to: info@hauptwerkconsultant.com.

Thanks.

münsterorganist

PostTue Jun 01, 2021 9:14 am

Sorry Francois for trouble with email. The files probably are to big.
I habe send you the files with "WeTransfer."
You can download them with a link.
Thanks.

micdev

Site Admin

PostTue Jun 01, 2021 10:35 am

Hello Willi,

Ok, finally got the files and was able to review them.

I tested your configuration on my system (2 screens). With both configurations (before and after shuthdown), I get the same result (I have 2 screens).... the 3 windows are one over the other (the large/wide one being on top, the 2 smaller ones under the large one).

If I reorganize them (the large one on my main monitor and the 2 smaller one on my secondary monitor), exit Hauptwerk and re-start Hauptwerk, the positioning was saved and restored correctly. If I shutdown, power up and start Hauptwerk, same thing, all the screen are properly placed on my 2 monitors has they were before shutting down.

All of this was done using your Hauptwerk configurations. So on my system, all is fine and working correctly.

By any change, since you use 3 monitors, is it possible that you are using some screen management utility (some video cards has such utility allowing easy/rapid modification to the screens layout, resolution, orientation etc.). If so try to disable it and see if this fix your problem.

If you want you can send me our computer's System Info file.

To access your PC’s System Information on Windows 7 and Windows 10
1. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information
2. IMPORTANT: Click File then "Save as", save this file as a .nfo file format and rename the file your name email it to me... I will have a good overview of your system and may find something.
Best regards
François

Next

Return to Technical support