It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:08 am

Minimising clicks to start iLok Cloud session

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

mdyde

Minimising clicks to start iLok Cloud session

PostMon May 31, 2021 5:13 am

marcus.reeves wrote:One thing which troubles me is when I restore a cloud session when loading HW. Is there a way to activate a cloud session from within HW without being subsequently prompted for an activation code or iLok ID? It seems to be a lot of screens to click through!

Hello Marcus,

There's no way that you could open or close an iLok Cloud session directly within Hauptwerk, I'm afraid. That can only be done within iLok License Manager.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

marcus.reeves

Re: Hauptwerk looks / startup screen

PostTue Jun 01, 2021 3:24 am

mdyde wrote:There's no way that you could open or close an iLok Cloud session directly within Hauptwerk, I'm afraid. That can only be done within iLok License Manager.

Hello Martin

Thank you. What I really mean is: is there a way of reducing the number of clicks when starting HW with a closed cloud session? At the moment, it asks if you’d like to open a cloud session but then takes you through a series of screens including activation codes, all of which are skipped until you come to the one with the iLok username. At that point iLok opens a new cloud session. Would it be possible to, for example, adjust the order of these to streamline this startup process?
Best wishes,
Marcus

mdyde

Re: Hauptwerk looks / startup screen

PostTue Jun 01, 2021 4:38 am

Hello Marcus,

Thanks for the clarification.

That's part of PACE's software (which wraps Hauptwerk itself), which we can't change, I'm afraid. I don't know of any way that you could automate it. However, if you open iLok License Manager and make sure that your iLok Cloud session is open first ('File | Open Your Cloud Session'), i.e. before you launch Hauptwerk, then you shouldn't see any prompts about licensing when you launch Hauptwerk. I think I'm correct in saying that your iLok Cloud session would then stay open anyway, until you explicitly close it, even across reboots. If in doubt, check in iLok License Manager first, before launching Hauptwerk.

(Note that if you've set your operating system to launch Hauptwerk automatically when the computer boots then it might be the case that the operating system is launching Hauptwerk before the iLok system has launched fully, which can prevent licences being seen at the point in time that Hauptwerk gets launched.)
Best regards, Martin.

mdyde

Re: Minimising clicks to start iLok Cloud session

PostTue Jun 01, 2021 4:41 am

[P.S. I've split this discussion off to a new topic here.]
Best regards, Martin.

marcus.reeves

PostWed Jun 02, 2021 12:57 am

Thanks for splitting the thread, Martin, it saves muddying the waters! Thanks also for the explanation about the licensing screens at the start, I did not realise that they were part of PACE’s software and not HW itself. Yes, you are correct that a cloud session stays open. I use HW on two different setups and move between them, which is one of the reasons why I like the cloud licensing. I tend to leave a session open and just quit HW and let iLok close and reopen on the session on the other system. The option for iLok to automatically close and reopen the session each time can be saved, it’s a shame that PACE doesn’t allow for the rest to be remembered as well, but I guess a few mouse clicks is hardly an inconvenience!

Thanks for your help, Martin.
Best wishes,
Marcus

mdyde

PostWed Jun 02, 2021 3:37 am

Thanks very much, Marcus. You're very welcome.

I suppose you might perhaps be able to make some sort of script or similar which sends computer key-strokes to iLok Licence Manager to open the cloud session, and then launches the Hauptwerk executable. You would then potentially only need one double-click (or keyboard shortcut) to launch the script on the relevant computer.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support