It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 pm

Removing reverb?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

theandric

Removing reverb?

PostFri Jun 18, 2021 2:16 pm

Hello there:

I'm enjoying the St Eucaire Metz Cavaille Coll sample set, but have a question. Is there a way to remove the reverb altogether? I have read through the user guide and know that I can separately use the "church" or "organ" samples or mix them, but I couldn't find any way to make the samples altogether dry.

Anyone know if this is possible?

mdyde

Re: Removing reverb?

PostFri Jun 18, 2021 2:27 pm

Hello theandric,

It isn't possible truly to remove reverb that's been recorded into 'wet' sample sets, such as the MDA St. Eucaire. You can truncate its ranks' release samples by loading the organ via the 'Organ | Load organ, adjusting rank audio memory options' screen, which might (in moderation) help to some extent to give the impression that it's a bit less reverberant, but the reverb can't be removed from the attack/sustain portions of the samples.

The 'Organ menu: Organ loading settings: release sample truncation' section in the main Hauptwerk user guide has more details (page 78 in the current v6.0.2 version). Here's a topic (from 2017) that lists some dry sample sets (which have minimal reverb recorded into their samples):

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16405&p=123280#p123280
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

theandric

PostSat Jun 19, 2021 9:16 am

Thank you very much! I will review those resources you mentioned.

mdyde

PostSat Jun 19, 2021 9:51 am

Thanks. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support