It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:07 am

Save sample sets individually

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

münsterorganist

Save sample sets individually

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 10:50 am

Dear Martin,
I would like to be save the settings of a sample set separately and export the to USB.
At home I have a lot of time, a set to edit in volume,tuning, channel distribution....I would like to transfer that to my musicschool, where we have the same HW installation.
But there I have not so much time for procession a set. I would then only have to correct a few things there. How can I do this without doing a full backup?
Thanks to you

mdyde

Re: Save sample sets individually

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 11:36 am

Hello münsterorganist,

The only officially-supported way to transfer settings from one computer to another is via Hauptwerk's backup/restore mechanism. However, that doesn't currently have the ability to restore settings for just a single organ (although that is logged as an enhancement request).

If you wanted to try to do it manually (not officially supported, and at your own risk):

- You would need to determine the OrganID of the relevant organ by looking in Hauptwerk's log (Help | View activity log') after loading the organ.

- On the source computer, make sure that the organ isn't loaded.

- On the source computer you could then either do a full backup as normal, which you would need to extract to some temporary folder on the target computer ('Help | View/extract contents of a backup ...'), to get a copy of that OrganID's settings file, or you could just make a copy of the settings file directly on the source computer. In either case, the file you would need would be:

[HauptwerkUserData]/Config<N>-OrganSettings/OrganID<MMMMMM>Config.OrganConfig_Hauptwerk_xml

... where <N> is the configuration number (zero for the primary configuration) and <MMMMMM> is the OrganID.

- Make sure that the organ isn't loaded on the target computer.

- Make a backup on the target computer for good measure.

- Manually copy your changed settings file into the corresponding folder on the target computer, overwriting the existing file.

- On the target computer, load the organ at least once via 'Organ | Loading organ, adjusting rank audio/memory options', so as to ensure that that the sample set cache will be regenerated (in case there are any differences in those settings in you changed settings file).

- Note that *all* settings for the target organ will then have been copied across, including any MIDI settings, voicing, organ preferences,rank memory options, and rank routing.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

münsterorganist

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 12:11 pm

Dear Martin,
many thanks for your extensive answer. I work out this in peace.
Thanks.

mdyde

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 12:26 pm

Thanks. You're very welcome. Hope it helps.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support