It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:05 am

Stepper +1 doesn't work with several different buttons

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

naujoks

Stepper +1 doesn't work with several different buttons

PostFri Aug 06, 2021 8:50 am

I'm trying to program different buttons on two Launchpads and two pistons to advance the stepper by 1.
However, when the software listens for an input, it doesn't ask me if I want the button I pressed as well as the previous ones I programmed to execute the command. Instead I can only ever program one button to work. So for example when I programmed the Launchpad and then want to program a piston, only the piston works, the Launchpad button stopped working.

What do I need to do to make all buttons/pistons work?

mdyde

Re: Stepper +1 doesn't work with several different buttons

PostFri Aug 06, 2021 9:46 am

Hello naujoks,

If you want to auto-detect more than one MIDI control (e.g. piston, or Launchpad button) to a given virtual control (e.g. the stepper +1 function), right-click on the virtual control, select 'Adjust MIDI/trigger settings manually ...', and use the 'Auto-detect ...' buttons on the various 'Input N' screen tabs. Those tabs exist to allow multiple inputs to the same virtual control.

For virtual pistons/stops/switches there are two tabs, so you can usually auto-detect at most two MIDI controls to any given virtual control. However, in the specific case of the stepper +1 and -1 functions (since people often like to have more than two MIDI pistons controlling them), there are additional entries in the left-hand list of menu functions on that same screen named 'Registration: stepper: trigger +1 [inp 3/4]' and 'Registration: stepper: trigger -1 [inp 3/4]' to which you can auto-detect another two MIDI controls if needed.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support