It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:27 am

Transposer question for version 4

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Thom Day

Transposer question for version 4

PostTue Aug 10, 2021 1:55 pm

While I know ver. 4 is no longer supported, I have 3 versions of it on 3 different quad core macs. One tower and 2 mac minis. The minis are version 10.12, and tied together by the same midi system using splitters and motu midi to usb boxes. One version has developed a problem with the transposer not responding correctly and advancing with no input. The other side seems to be ok. Shutting down and doing a complete restart of the computer and Hauptwerk allowed the transposer to be reset to 0, Not sure if this is a computer glitch or Haupwerk or midi hardware glitch.
Any thoughts appreciated. I will eventually upgrade to version 6, but not yet.
Thom

larason2

Re: Transposer question for version 4

PostTue Aug 10, 2021 2:02 pm

You are somehow getting spurious midi messages, which if it isn’t duplicated on all three systems, points to the interface on the affected system being the problem.

mdyde

PostTue Aug 10, 2021 2:44 pm

Hello Thom,

To add to larason2's reply, you could try temporarily turning on the 'Diagnostics: log all MIDI messages ...' option on the 'General settings | General preferences | Advanced ..' screen tab, then when the problem occurs look in the log (View | activaity log') to see what MIDI messages had been received at that time, and what virtual functions they triggered.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Thom Day

PostTue Aug 10, 2021 11:05 pm

Thanks to both of you. I have midi monitor on the computer and will use it to check the system.

mdyde

PostWed Aug 11, 2021 2:45 am

Thanks. Hope you manage to track it down.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support