It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:14 am

Stops activate/deactivate using swell shoes only??

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

B777Captain

Stops activate/deactivate using swell shoes only??

PostSun Aug 15, 2021 6:59 pm

I had Nancy installed last week by my consultant but after a week I’ve noticed when I activate the swell shoes, the entire Positive division activates.

On my Kampen and Aristide samples, (and probably others but haven’t checked yet) when I select a piston to play music, and move the swell shoes, all the stops turn off as if I hit the “Cancel button”.

Any ideas guys? It’s making everything except Nancy UNplayable in my list of about 20 or so samples.

https://youtu.be/Ab_2ASam8OM

https://youtu.be/RdBsPYi9uyI

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

engrssc

Re: Stops activate/deactivate using swell shoes only??

PostSun Aug 15, 2021 7:06 pm

Think you'll find both the swell shoes and the entire Positive division are operating on the same MIDI channel. One of them needs to be changed. Probably best one(s) to change the Swell shoes (MIDI channel) on all of the sample sets.

Rgds,
Ed

B777Captain

PostSun Aug 15, 2021 10:23 pm

Thanks Ed…

Unfortunately, no luck. Still same issue and I’ve now confirmed on all sample sets with Nancy being the oddball out in that stops engage on that sample vs all the others which basically “Cancel”.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

mdyde

PostMon Aug 16, 2021 3:28 am

Hello Pat,

With the sample set loaded, I'd suggest:

- First right-click on the sample set's virtual crescendo pedal (if any) and select 'Clear all MIDI ...', in case the expression pedal has unintentionally been auto-detected to the virtual crescendo pedal.

- Do likewise for the master crescendo slider on the 'Registration' large control panel ('View | Large floating control panels ...').

If that doesn't solve it:

- Still with the sample set loaded, temporarily turn on the 'Diagnostics: log all MIDI messages ...' option on the 'General settings | General preferences | Advanced ...' screen tab. OK the screen and OK the performance warning.

- Without touching anything (so that we can tell the relevant MIDI messages apart in the log by their timestamps), wait about 15 seconds.

- Without touching anything else, move the MIDI expression pedal which is causing the problem.

- Still without touching anything else, use 'Help | Create a diagnostic file ...' and send the resulting file to Francois at support [at] hauptwerk.com . That will allow him to see exactly what MIDI messages you MIDI pedal is sending, and what virtual controls those messages are triggering.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

B777Captain

PostWed Aug 18, 2021 1:14 pm

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions.

The problem is solved and from reading your posts, I realized it was “operator error” as I was scoping my pistons the other day…

I was selecting (inadvertantly) the “for all organs” instead of the “for this organ only” thus it was affecting every sample I have. I was using the setter pistons at the bottom of the screen when the actual sample does not have/use pistons and thats where I made the mistakes.

So I ended up clearing “un-auto detecting” them all and voila….. Fixed the problem.

Thanks again for your help everyone!!

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

mdyde

PostWed Aug 18, 2021 2:23 pm

Thanks, Pat. Glad to hear it's fixed.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support