It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:14 pm

How many iLok keys supported?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

magnaton

How many iLok keys supported?

PostMon Aug 16, 2021 5:54 pm

Hello:

I thought I read somewhere that Hauptwerk would recognize 2 iLok USB keys connected to a single computer. Just want to confirm.

Thank you,

Danny B.

mdyde

Re: How many iLok keys supported?

PostTue Aug 17, 2021 4:29 am

Hello Danny,

From Hauptwerk's point of view all that matters is whether the iLok system/driver finds a valid licence for the relevant product (Hauptwerk and/or the relevant sample set) -- Hauptwerk doesn't know or care where that licence is (on an iLok2/iLok3 dongle, or in iLok Cloud).

To use an iLok dongle on any given computer you would need to be logged into iLok License Manager on that computer using the iLok account to which the dongle is registered. Hence if it were possible to use multiple iLok dongles simultaneously on a computer, then they would all need to be registered to the same iLok account anyway, and in that case you might as well simply move (deactivate/activate) all of the required licences to one dongle. It doesn't cost anything to move licences around between dongles (and/or iLok Cloud) within the same iLok account, and it only takes a few moments to do.

(I don't know categorically whether the iLok system system would see licences spread across multiple iLok dongles on the same computer [assuming all of those dongle were registered to the logged-in iLok account], but on the other hand I know of no reason that it wouldn't.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

engrssc

PostTue Aug 17, 2021 4:42 am

In my case, in addition to the Hauptwerk license and sample set licenses, I have a second dongle plugged into the same computer with the license for a virtual Bosendorfer grand piano. Everything seems to be working. And yes, they all are the same account.

Rgds,
Ed

mdyde

PostTue Aug 17, 2021 6:19 am

Thanks, Ed.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support