It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:37 am

Downloading InstallHauptwerk_v6.0.2.018

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

cmegit@gmail.com

Downloading InstallHauptwerk_v6.0.2.018

PostSat Aug 21, 2021 3:30 am

Hi,

I am posting this because I am at my wits' end and have tried every possible suggestion on this forum already.

For the past week, I have been trying to download the latest Hauptwerk installation file. I've tried doing this both from the link in the email that I get when I enter my details on the https://www.hauptwerk.com/win/ page as well as from the actual download link in the "orders" section of my account.

The issue I'm having is that every time I download the file and run it, I get the message: "Please select another location to extract the installer to:" and no matter what location I select, the same message comes up. Now, I work in IT so please don't ask me if my system meets the minimum requirements - it does.

In total, I've fully downloaded the file about 10 times in the past week already (and wondering when my ISP is going to start throttling or shaping my internet connection because of the high data usage) and each time the file size is the same but the checksum is different.

So my questions are:
- Is anyone else having the same issue with the latest version installer (InstallHauptwerk_v6.0.2.018.exe)?
- What can be done to overcome this?
- Does anyone know of a good download manager that might assist to download the file without errors?
- Is it not maybe an issue at the server end where the file is being hosted? Surely after about 10 downloads at least one of them should be in working condition.

As things are now, I've paid for a Hauptwerk licence that I cannot even use.

I'm really desperate to get this resolved.

mdyde

Re: Downloading InstallHauptwerk_v6.0.2.018

PostSat Aug 21, 2021 3:52 am

Hello cmegit,

Thanks very much for buying a licence and very sorry to hear about the download problems.

This post lists the correct checksums and file sizes:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19521#p146576

I'm not involved personally with the website, but my guess is that the server is simply busy/overloaded at the moment for some reason. Please try sending an email to Francois at support [at] hauptwerk.com , referring him to this topic, and hopefully he'll be able to help you to get a valid download. Thanks again.

Edit: PS. He's in Canada, so there might be a few hours delay, due to the time-zone difference.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

IainStinson

PostSat Aug 21, 2021 6:12 am

(Just trying from the UK)
Trying to download HW6 via the link emailed from the website is downloading very slowly. It is going to take around two hours to download today - in the past it has downloaded in more like 15 minutes. For comparison, downloading a 4GB file from another sample set supplier is taking 10-12 minutes today on my connection. Interesting the HW Licensing Package which downloads more directly from the HW site is coming down almost instantly (it is very small , about 8MB).

This is not a new issue. I think it is in part due to the way MDA control access to the download on their website. This seems very perverse to me given that you can't make use of the download without an iLok key. We would all be better served if this download was made more direct.

Anyway, the problem is also visible from the UK.

Iain

mdyde

PostSat Aug 21, 2021 6:43 am

Thanks, Iain.
Best regards, Martin.

engrssc

PostSat Aug 21, 2021 10:52 am

Hopefully the server(s) involved with this issue are not the same as the ridiculously terrible one(s) used for this Forum. It doesn't matter when I try to post here, the ratio to getting THE error message for me is 1 out of 3 tries. Winning the Lotto has better odds. :mrgreen: Any new reasons (excuses)? :?

Rgds,
Ed

ricou26

PostSun Aug 22, 2021 4:24 am

bonjour ED :wink:
pour moi les deux sont liés

et vous êtes généreux pour moi depuis la France je dirais une fois sur deux :cry:

cordialement

engrssc

PostSun Aug 22, 2021 7:50 am

Oui, malheureusement, il semblerait que les deux soient effectivement liés.

Yes, unfortunately it would appear the two are indeed linked. :roll:

Rgds,
Ed

greenfox4075

PostWed Aug 25, 2021 12:53 am

I also had a very slow download (in Australia), and now that I am trying to install I get this message
"Please select another location to extract the installer to" but selecting a folder doesn't do anything.

I also am finding posting to this forum a slow waiting game of failed attempts.

In checking my Hauptwerk6 downloaded install file, it was only 2.04 GB (2,196,322,085 bytes) and nothing like the correct checksum.

How do we solve this?

Do I just try another 4 hour download and cross fingers it might work (having paid for Advanced Edition Perpetual)?

mdyde

PostWed Aug 25, 2021 3:24 am

Hello greenfox4075,

Sorry to hear about the continued problems.

greenfox4075 wrote:I also had a very slow download (in Australia), and now that I am trying to install I get this message
"Please select another location to extract the installer to" but selecting a folder doesn't do anything.

The installer may give that message incorrectly if the downloaded file is corrupted or incomplete.

Please try:

mdyde wrote:Please try sending an email to Francois at support [at] hauptwerk.com , referring him to this topic, and hopefully he'll be able to help you to get a valid download. Thanks again.
He's in Canada, so there might be a few hours delay, due to the time-zone difference.
Best regards, Martin.

greenfox4075

PostWed Aug 25, 2021 6:19 am

Ok, thank you. I will make contact.

Another 2x attempts at download have ended in incomplete files.

mdyde

PostWed Aug 25, 2021 7:03 am

Thanks.
Best regards, Martin.

engrssc

PostWed Aug 25, 2021 7:15 am

Have you tried using a download manager?

https://www.techradar.com/best/free-download-manager

Rgds,
Ed

ricou26

PostWed Aug 25, 2021 2:23 pm

Bonjour à tous :wink:

un gestionnaire de téléchargement pour un fichier de 3 giga on crois rêver il n'y a que chez MDA que l'on voit ça :D
et il y a que chez MDA que je suis obligé systématiquement de contrôler le md5 pour être sur d'avoir aucune erreur
chez Sonus paradisi j'ai rarement des erreurs pour des fichiers bien plus importants en taille
entre les erreurs d'accès au Forum et ces problèmes de téléchargement ça devient très pénible
j'ai pas la fibre donc ça me pend un temps fou
mais je suis un client il serait grand temps de régler le problème une bonne fois pour toute :evil:
Cordialement Ricou26

engrssc

PostWed Aug 25, 2021 3:42 pm

For those whose French isn't fluent, Google translator "thinks" this is what.Ricou26 is trying to say:

Hello everyone:

a download manager for a 3 gigabyte file, we think we're dreaming, it's only at MDA that we see this
and there is only at MDA that I am systematically obliged to check the md5 to be sure to have no errors
at Sonus Paradisi I rarely have errors for files much larger in size
between errors accessing the Forum and these download problems it becomes very painful
I don't have the fiber so it takes me a long time
but I am a customer it would be high time to fix the problem once and for all.
Regards Ricou26

Rgds,
Ed

ricou26

PostWed Aug 25, 2021 4:28 pm

Merci Ed :D

c'est exactement cela

cordialement Ricou26 :wink:
Next

Return to Technical support