It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 am

Access stepper frame from within an ODF

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

SMann

Access stepper frame from within an ODF

PostFri Sep 24, 2021 11:40 pm

I believe the answer to this question is no, but I thought I would ask. Is there a way from within the (full) ODF to access the state of the currently selected registration stepper frame? I would like to add 3 digit graphical displays to the left and right GUIs of my custom organ (not CODM) which are more prominent and easily readable than the stepper frame displayed in the floating registration control panels. I am aware I could add external LCD modules but this wouldn't work well with my console layout.

Thanks.

mdyde

Re: Access stepper frame from within an ODF

PostSat Sep 25, 2021 3:50 am

Hello Steve,

[Briefly, since editing full-format ODF files isn't officially supported]:

There's no way within an ODF to access the current or cued stepper frame numbers directly as 3-digit numbers. However, in Hauptwerk v6+ you could conceivably embed non-displayed switches (via Switch.DefaultInputOutputSwitchAsgnCode) for the appropriate functions which have illuminated buttons on the 'Combination stepper (all)' large control panel (e.g. the buttons for the cud frame digits, and/or the xNN buttons for the current frame). You could then potentially combine/encode the resulting states of those switches to CC values (via CC-linkages, etc.) to show them as numerical digits within your ODF. I don't think you could display the 100s digit of the current frame that way, though. It would be fiddly, and I'll have to leave that one to you if you want to try it.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

SMann

PostSat Sep 25, 2021 10:37 am

Thanks very much for the reply and the ideas, Martin. I love to tinker and have installed a number of fiddly things within my ODF which seem to work. I'll see what I can come up with.

Take care,
Steve

mdyde

PostSat Sep 25, 2021 10:48 am

Thanks, Steve. Excellent. You're welcome. Good luck!
Best regards, Martin.

SMann

PostTue Sep 28, 2021 10:50 pm

Thanks again for your suggestions, Martin. I was able to get this to work . As you predicted, the solution did turn out to be just a little bit "fiddly" but it does work nicely.

Regards,
Steve

mdyde

PostWed Sep 29, 2021 3:24 am

Thanks again, Steve. Excellent.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support