It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:24 am

Auto-detect Possible Conflicts

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

ludu

Auto-detect Possible Conflicts

PostWed Sep 29, 2021 5:20 am

Hello,

A friend of mine bought a console with several organs originally installed by the manufacturer. The commands relating to the combinations have been programmed ‘for all organs’. The dealer added other instruments but programmed the combinations ‘for this organ only’. There is therefore a conflict as described on page 161 of the manual (N.B.).

I would like to help my friend to solve this problem. My idea is to disconnect each function relating to the combinations (‘Clear’) and then start the auto-detection again by choosing ‘for all organs’. Can you approve or criticise my method? Thanks in advance.
Luc

mdyde

Re: Auto-detect Possible Conflicts

PostWed Sep 29, 2021 6:02 am

Hello Luc,

ludu wrote:My idea is to disconnect each function relating to the combinations (‘Clear’) and then start the auto-detection again by choosing ‘for all organs’

Yes -- that's the approach I'd recommend. Note that you'd need to clear the auto-detect settings for each such combination for each organ which they'd been auto-detected on a 'for this organ' basis, *before* auto-detecting them 'for this organ' (since the right-click menu option to clear a control's MIDI settings clears them both 'for this organ' and 'for all organs').
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

ludu

PostWed Sep 29, 2021 6:20 am

Many thanks, Martin, for your quick help, as usual…
Luc

mdyde

PostWed Sep 29, 2021 6:49 am

Thanks, Luc. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support