It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:18 am

Sound disappears after NRPNs are sent to select stops

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

aah

Sound disappears after NRPNs are sent to select stops

PostMon Oct 04, 2021 4:06 pm

Now my NRPN stop selection is working again, a new problem has arisen which I've not seen before.

This is happening only with the Mietke harpsichord from Sonus Paradisi.

I send an array of NRPNs to select the registration I want. The instrument responds correctly, but then the sound cuts out about 1 second later. The only way to get the sound back is to use the menu item "Engine > Reset organ/MIDI"

First I thought perhaps sending OFF values (0=stop off) after ON values (127=stop on) might be cancelling something, so I tried sorting the NRPNs by value, sending all OFF values first, followed by the ON values. Same result.

No other MIDI messages (besides Note ON/OFF as in normal playing) are being sent, only the NRPNs which correspond to the stops of the instrument as defined in the xml file generated by Hauptwerk for this instrument. I can play a few notes after the registration is sent, then Hauptwerk's audio output stops and I have to reset it.

Any ideas what's causing the problem?

Thanks.

aah

Re: Sound disappears after NRPNs are sent to select stops

PostMon Oct 04, 2021 4:17 pm

... And, to answer my own question yet again.

I found it. This *harpsichord* has a "Blower on/off" NRPN, which is conveniently displayed nowhere in its virtual controls in Hauptwerk. If that's set to 0, the audio turns off. Turn it on and the world's a peach again.

Happy music making everyone :)

mdyde

Re: Sound disappears after NRPNs are sent to select stops

PostTue Oct 05, 2021 3:34 am

Hello aah,

Thanks for the update, and glad to hear you managed to track it down.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support