It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:21 am

Opening a MIDI file

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

ludu

Opening a MIDI file

PostWed Oct 06, 2021 4:53 am

Hello,

Previously, when I double-clicked on a MIDI file in HW, it launched immediately. Now this operation just opens HW but the file does not launch anymore. What setting should I change to return to the previous situation? Thanks in advance.

Cordially,
Luc

mdyde

Re: Opening a MIDI file

PostWed Oct 06, 2021 5:25 am

Hello Luc,

I think you must actually be mistaken -- Hauptwerk has never had the ability to open MIDI files by double-clicking on them outside of Hauptwerk from the operating system's file browser (Windows Explorer, or macOS Finder). (That would require Hauptwerk to have specific functionality internally, which it doesn't have.)

Instead, you need to open them from within Hauptwerk itself, either via the Recorder/Player control panel's 'MIDI file: Load ...' button, or via 'Recording | Load MIDI file ...' from the menu. When you use one of those functions, Hauptwerk will show a standard operating system 'open file ...' file browser screen to navigate to, and select, your file. You *can* double-click on the desired file to select it from within that file browser, but you can't do that outside of Hauptwerk (e.g. from Windows Explorer directly).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

ludu

PostWed Oct 06, 2021 5:34 am

You’re right, Martin, I must have made a mistake. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Cordially,
Luc

mdyde

PostWed Oct 06, 2021 5:46 am

Thanks, Luc. No problem at all. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support