It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:27 am

Version 5 to 6 perpetual upgrade problem

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

ConnMan

Version 5 to 6 perpetual upgrade problem

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 9:25 am

I am trying to upgrade my V5 advanced perpetual to V6.

I have purchased and downloaded V6. When I click on the exe file to start the installation, I get a message telling me to select a folder to extract the files to. No matter what folder I pick, it reverts back to the same message.

Any ideas? I am running Windows 10 64 bit.

mdyde

Re: Version 5 to 6 perpetual upgrade problem

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 9:40 am

Hello ConnMan,

That occurs if the file you downloaded was corrupted/incomplete. Please try downloading it again, and if needed verify that the file size and checksum are correct: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19521#p146576

[I'll move this topic to the 'technical support' section of the forum once you've had a chance to read it.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

ConnMan

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 10:31 am

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Also, I;ve read the instructions on surrendering my HW license but it is unclear to me if I need to do that before I install the upgrade, or if the upgrade will include that as part of the install process.

Thanks again.

mdyde

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 10:46 am

Thanks, ConnMan.

[Topic moved here.]

ConnMan wrote:Also, I;ve read the instructions on surrendering my HW license but it is unclear to me if I need to do that before I install the upgrade, or if the upgrade will include that as part of the install process.

You probably could do it within Hauptwerk v6 if you were to launch it without a v6 licence (the PACE software would handle it if so, but I can't off-hand actually remember for certain), but for simplicity it's probably best to do it within iLok License Manager before launching v6 anyway -- when you try to activate your v6 licence in iLok License Manager it will prompt you to select your v5 license to surrender. Once the v6 licence is activated you can then install and use v6 in fully-licensed mode.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support