It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:29 am

Aristide error says I don’t have HW license or recognize do

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

chr.schmitz

Re: Aristide error says I don’t have HW license or recognize

PostTue Nov 02, 2021 5:29 pm

Martin, thank you for your support and patience!

I have investigated this problem a little further. Hauptwerk 4.2.1.003 was bundled with UNRAR 4.20. When trying to extract a v5 archive, UNRAR (CLI) reports that the file is not an archive. I presume that your error handler assumes that there is something wrong with the encryption and therefore issues the reported error message.

Best,
Chris

mdyde

PostWed Nov 03, 2021 4:43 am

Thanks, Chris.

I've checked the Hauptwerk v4 component installer source code briefly, and the error handling appears fine. I also briefly tested v4 by trying to install a few RAR5-format Hauptwerk component installer files, and it correctly reported that the RAR files couldn't be extracted because they appeared corrupted (error 1166, due to RAR4 not being able to read RAR5 archives). Hence the v4 code does appear to be correct. I don't know off-hand what happened on orgatrain's system, but I'm not going to spend more time on it, since v4 (and above) appear fine to me, and v4 is fully de-suppoted anyway.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

chr.schmitz

PostWed Nov 03, 2021 6:12 am

Many thanks, Martin!

I fully agree, there is no need to further investigate this issue. I just tried to better understand, why we got this misleading error message. The user contacted me before posting his question on the forum, but I did not realise that my incorrect installation package format was the culprit. I am also glad that everything could be sorted out.

Best,
Chris

mdyde

PostWed Nov 03, 2021 6:20 am

Thanks again, Chris.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.
Previous

Return to Technical support