It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:44 pm

Aristide error says I don’t have HW license or recognize do

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

orgatrain

Aristide error says I don’t have HW license or recognize do

PostSun Oct 31, 2021 2:55 pm

Can someone help me understand this error? I have HW4 dongle and have the Metz sample set it this won’t load

I see the following error message:

"2021-10-31-10-41-06: INF:0080 Could not communicate with Hauptwerk's USB key. Please make
sure that the USB key is connected to a USB port on the computer, then try re-starting Hauptwerk. USB key driver error message: 'Communication error between API and local Sentinel license manager.' (code: 33)."

Hauptwerk tries to find a license, but has a problem with the HASP dongle.

mdyde

Re: Aristide error says I don’t have HW license or recognize

PostSun Oct 31, 2021 3:15 pm

Hello orgetrain,

I'd suggest:

- Make sure all available Windows updates are applied. Reboot after applying any.

- Try (re-)installing the driver for the Hauptwerk USB key (HASP dongle): viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19710&p=147779#p147779

- Reboot the PC.

- Make sure you have sufficient USB power available, especially if using a USB hub.

- Make sure you don't plug in, or unplug, any USB devices whilst Hauptwerk is actually running.

If that doesn't solve it:

- (Before launching Hauptwerk) try disconnecting any other USB devices that aren't actually needed when using Hauptwerk. Perhaps some other device is causing a conflict with it.

- Try the dongle in different USB ports, ideally on the PC itself (rather than via a USB hub).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

orgatrain

PostSun Oct 31, 2021 3:22 pm

Martin just to clarify this is an iMac not sure what version I will be home soon

mdyde

PostSun Oct 31, 2021 3:39 pm

Thanks, orgatrain.

All of those suggestions would apply equally on a Mac.
Best regards, Martin.

orgatrain

PostMon Nov 01, 2021 10:33 am

I tried the above and it did not work. Its very odd because how can it not find a liscense or dongle when I can load and play my other sample sets with now issue.

mdyde

PostMon Nov 01, 2021 12:13 pm

Hello orgatrain,

Thanks for the update. We don't actually officially support Hauptwerk v4 any longer (and it isn't fully compatible with recent macOS versions), but perhaps the following may help:

I would suspect a lack of USB power to the relevant port, or macOS is putting something to sleep as a power-saving measure, or perhaps an erratic conflict with some other USB device or driver, or an incompatibility with some macOS update.

To confirm:

1. Are all available macOS updates are applied?

2. Did you download and (re-)install the version of the driver from that link?

3. Do you have the Hauptwerk v4 dongle attached to a USB port directly on your iMac (not via a hub)?

4. Are all other USB devices disconnected, except for the Hauptwerk v4 dongle and any devices that you specifically need for running Hauptwerk (e.g. audio/MIDI interface, mouse, keyboard)? E.g. make sure that no other dongles, and no USB hubs, are connected to the Mac.

5. If you then reboot and try it again, do you still get the error?

6. How about if you exit Hauptwerk, move the dongle to a different USB port on the iMac (not via a USB hub), reboot, then re-launch Hauptwerk? (Perhaps there was some problem with that particular USB port on the Mac.)

7. If so, how about if you try disabling macOS' 'App Nap' globally (see: https://osxdaily.com/2014/05/13/disable ... -mac-os-x/ ), reboot, then try again?

If you then still have the problem:

- What version of macOS are you running?

- Do you mean that you're having the problem when trying to load the standard Milan Digital Audio Notre Dame de Metz organ? Or a composite organ definition that uses its samples? Or some other organ?

- Has the problem started happening recently, or have you always had the same problem with that organ? If the latter, has any hardware changed, or drivers been changed, or macOS updates applies, since it was last working?

- Are you using Hauptwerk v4.2.1, or are you using an earlier v4 version?
Best regards, Martin.

orgatrain

PostMon Nov 01, 2021 12:25 pm

To confirm:

1. Are all available macOS updates are applied? YES

2. Did you download and (re-)install the version of the driver from that link? YES

3. Do you have the Hauptwerk v4 dongle attached to a USB port directly on your iMac (not via a hub)? YES

4. Are all other USB devices disconnected, except for the Hauptwerk v4 dongle and any devices that you specifically need for running Hauptwerk (e.g. audio/MIDI interface, mouse, keyboard)? E.g. make sure that no other dongles, and no USB hubs, are connected to the Mac. NO OTHER USB Devices

5. If you then reboot and try it again, do you still get the error? YES
6. How about if you exit Hauptwerk, move the dongle to a different USB port on the iMac (not via a USB hub), reboot, then re-launch Hauptwerk? (Perhaps there was some problem with that particular USB port on the Mac.) Tried this did not work.

7. If so, how about if you try disabling macOS' 'App Nap' globally (see: https://osxdaily.com/2014/05/13/disable ... -mac-os-x/ ), reboot, then try again? GOING TO TRY NOW

If you then still have the problem:

- What version of macOS are you running? OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

- Do you mean that you're having the problem when trying to load the standard Milan Digital Audio Notre Dame de Metz organ? Or a composite organ definition that uses its samples? Or some other organ?

The only time I get the error is when I try to load the new composite organ file in install organ. Hauptwerk works, the Metz Works, my other composites works just fine.

- Has the problem started happening recently, or have you always had the same problem with that organ? If the latter, has any hardware changed, or drivers been changed, or macOS updates applies, since it was last working? no changes

See above only with the uplaod of this new composite.

- Are you using Hauptwerk v4.2.1, or are you using an earlier v4 version?

orgatrain

PostMon Nov 01, 2021 12:50 pm

and the most recent v4 version

mdyde

PostMon Nov 01, 2021 1:43 pm

Thanks, orgatrain.

orgatrain wrote:7. If so, how about if you try disabling macOS' 'App Nap' globally (see: https://osxdaily.com/2014/05/13/disable ... -mac-os-x/ ), reboot, then try again? GOING TO TRY NOW

Hopefully that will solve it.
Best regards, Martin.

mnailor

PostMon Nov 01, 2021 1:46 pm

If the new composite organ you're trying to use is a recent version of Aristide, it might require the HW5+ version of Metz, and maybe a recent Caen install, to work.

Please verify that your version of Aristide uses only the HW4 versions of the organs it depends on.

chr.schmitz

PostMon Nov 01, 2021 9:13 pm

For Aristide No. 1, the following sample sets must be installed:

* Notre-Dame de Metz (Milan Digital Audio)
* Saint-Etienne de Caen Surround v2.5 or greater (Sonus Paradisi)
* Dom Bédos Organ Model (Demo) (Sonus Paradisi)

The only encrypted sample set is Notre-Dame de Metz. Aristide No. 1, Saint-Etienne de Caen and the Dom Bédos Organ Model are not encrypted. Aristide No. 1 works with Hauptwerk 4, 5, and 6. However, when running on Hauptwerk 4, the Hauptwerk 4 version of Metz is required; when running on Hauptwerk 5 or 6, the Hauptwerk 5+ version must be installed.

orgatrain

PostMon Nov 01, 2021 10:21 pm

Hi there all of these items are checked and correct but still getting the error

mdyde

PostTue Nov 02, 2021 4:26 am

Hello orgatrain,

Thanks for the updates.

Assuming that you mean that you still get the error even with 'App Nap' fully disabled, the only other things I can think of to suggest would be:

- Try un-installing the Sentinel HASP/LDK driver complete, reboot, then re-install it, then reboot again.

- Conceivably an different, or older, version of the Sentinel HASP/LDK driver might solve it (given that you're using a fairly old version of OS X): https://supportportal.thalesgroup.com/c ... e_packages

- Try searching the Internet for the HASP error code, which is code 33: HASP_LOCAL_COMM_ERR ("Communication error occurred between the API and the local Sentinel License Manager").

- Try wiping the Mac entirely and re-installing OS X from clean (reformat it prior to installing, and don't copy any OS X settings/accounts across to the new installation). Or:

- Try using a different computer instead. (Perhaps your iMac has some erratic USB problem.) Or:

- Upgrade to the current version of Hauptwerk (v6), since Hauptwerk v5+ doesn't use the v4 HASP dongle. (Although you mentioned that you're running OS X 10.11, which is lower than the 10.13.6 minimum version that Hauptwerk v6 officially supports, I think v6 will probably work properly on 10.11 anyway, and of course if your iMac can be upgraded to a more recent macOS version then that would be ideal.)

If those things still don't help, and unless anybody else has any ideas, I think I will have to leave it at that, I'm afraid, given that we no longer officially support v4 and investigating your current problem further would probably need us to get support from the v4 dongle's makers (and we no longer have an account with them, now that v4 is fully de-supported). Very sorry, and hope something there helps anyway.
Best regards, Martin.

chr.schmitz

PostTue Nov 02, 2021 2:59 pm

We finally figured out what was causing the problem. I had backported the ODF to Hauptwerk 4, but I had compressed the installation package with RAR v5. After I created a RAR v4 archive, the installation worked as expected.

mdyde

PostTue Nov 02, 2021 3:41 pm

Thanks very much, Chris. Excellent. I don't know why orgatrain would have got that HASP error in that situation, but never mind -- at least it's working now!
Best regards, Martin.
Next

Return to Technical support