It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:37 pm

Zwolle installation problem

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Bonanches

Zwolle installation problem

PostThu Nov 04, 2021 7:50 am

I have had a problem trying to install my Zwolle sample set. Both my HW computers are permanently off-line so I tried loading in part 1 of nine packages and all started off well but part of the way in I got an error message:
The file c/users/SAM/hauptwerk/hauptwerksamplesetsandcomponents/temporaryfiles/ZwolleSurround.part01(5)CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar couldn't be extracted.
Likely cause of errors are that the file was corrupted during download, and will need to be downloaded again or that media on which it was supplied couldn't be read properly or that you have run out of disc space.
The activity log will now open to show details of the error.
Message Code 1166
I have attempted the operation on three different computers, two up-to-date on-line ones (having installed HW 6.0.2 temporarily). Other sample sets install okay.
I downloaded the complete package from S.P. four times using different download managers and Google Chrome. They all downloaded okay and the Checksums matched up okay, but they all refused to load in with the same message coming up.
Any ideas would be welcome.
Regards, Julian

mdyde

Re: Zwolle installation problem

PostThu Nov 04, 2021 8:09 am

Hello Julian,

I don't have first-hand experience with the Hauptwerk v5+ version of Sonus Paradisi's Zwolle sample set, but based on the filename in the error message it would appear to be a 'multi-part' package. Assuming so, all of the parts need to be present in the same folder, and all of the parts need to have exactly the correct filenames. The filename you mentioned:

ZwolleSurround.part01(5)CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar

... looks wrong to me -- I would expect that the file should instead be named exactly:

ZwolleSurround.part01.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar

Probably your download manager changed the name/extension [by inserting the '(5)' and perhaps removing the second dot character] when you tried to download it after an initial failed download.

I.e. I would expect that the files need to be named exactly as follows:

ZwolleSurround.part01.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar
ZwolleSurround.part02.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar
ZwolleSurround.part03.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar
ZwolleSurround.partNN.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar

... where 'NN' is the two-digit number of the last part.

Does renaming them accordingly solve it?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

chr.schmitz

PostThu Nov 04, 2021 9:25 am

I can confirm that Martin's guess is correct. I assume that you have downloaded the files more than once, which may cause numbers to be added to the filename. After renaming the files according to Martin's scheme, it should work as expected.

Bonanches

PostSat Nov 06, 2021 5:38 am

Hello Martin,
Yes that was the problem, the included number of the download. All is well now after re-naming.
Thank you once again for your prompt response (and to Chris).
Best wishes,
Julian

mdyde

PostSat Nov 06, 2021 5:40 am

Thanks, Julian. Excellent.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support