It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am

Transposer surprise

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

psallo

Transposer surprise

PostMon Nov 08, 2021 1:05 pm

Does Hauptwerk VI save the existing transposer status at shut down, and reload that same status at the next startup? If so, is there a way to make the transposer zero setting the startup default? In our instrument, we control the transposer from 3 pistons, something like TR -1, TR 0 and TR + 1. Maybe we missed a subtlety when we auto-detected the TR 0 piston.
Last edited by psallo on Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

mdyde

Re: Transposer surprise

PostMon Nov 08, 2021 1:53 pm

Hello psallo,

Hauptwerk does currently (v4-v6) save/restore the state of the transposer automatically (on a per-organ basis) whenever stopping/starting MIDI. There isn't a means to disable that behaviour, I'm afraid, but we do have an enhancement request logged for potentially adding a preference to do so. I've added your notes to that enhancement request.

In the meantime, if in doubt, I'd recommend making sure that you press your 'TR 0' piston as a matter of course whenever loading an organ. (You can also display the state of the transposer on MIDI LCD panels.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mnailor

Re: Transposer surprise

PostMon Nov 08, 2021 2:36 pm

You could have your general cancel piston as input 2 to the transposer zero. I reset several controls (for all organs) with the general cancel piston so I don't forget something.

Return to Technical support