It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:10 pm

Upgrading trial version

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

ZObGuyn

Upgrading trial version

PostSat Jan 08, 2022 11:59 am

I have dabbled in the Hauptwerk trial version over the years in anticipation of purchasing the full license. Last time I used it was over a year ago. I log in today and I have to download the new version 6, and a bunch of iLok stuff. I've stepped through the tutorials but keep getting the 'Fatal Error, Could not find a folder in the bundle that contains the activation experience resources'.

I suppose I don't qualify for official support from Hauptwerk because I just have used the trial version. Is there anyone that could help point me in the right direction?

mdyde

Re: Upgrading trial version

PostSat Jan 08, 2022 12:21 pm

Hello ZObGuyn,

Thanks very much for the interest in v6.

Do you mean that you're getting that error when trying to launch Hauptwerk, after installing it (as opposed to when installing iLok License Manager, or when installing Hauptwerk, for example)?

If so, please try:

- Make sure all available operating system updates are applied. Check for any available, apply them, reboot, and repeat until there are no more found.

- Try (re-)installing the latest version of iLok License Manager: https://ilok.com/#!home . (It doesn't hurt to re-install it if you already have the latest version installed.)

- Make sure that the Hauptwerk v6 installer that you downloaded has exactly the correct file size and MD5 checksum:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19521#p146576

If not, then the file didn't download properly (i.e. is corrupted or incomplete), so please try downloading it again, then check its size/MD5 again until you have valid file.

(A freeware utility for checking MD5 checksums on Windows can be found here if needed: https://www.winmd5.com/ .)

- Make sure you have at least 4 GB of free space on your system drive.

- Finally try re-installing Hauptwerk v6 (from the valid downloaded file).

Does that solve it?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

ZObGuyn

PostSun Jan 09, 2022 9:06 pm

Martin,

Thank you for your assistance. I have been able to log in and get the 14 day trial version.

In the past there was a version which was a continuous trial which played a ping sound. Is this option available still?

Thanks,
Nic

mdyde

PostMon Jan 10, 2022 4:26 am

Thanks, Nic.

Excellent.

ZObGuyn wrote:In the past there was a version which was a continuous trial which played a ping sound. Is this option available still?

For v5+ the trial option is 14-day time-limited, but functionally-unlimited; a time-unlimited trial is no longer available, I'm afraid.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support