It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:56 pm

VII Autodetect Problem

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Doug S.

VII Autodetect Problem

PostMon Mar 14, 2022 5:54 pm

My VII HW isn't recognizing stops in auto detect
I transfered everything from a VI backup, so the issue may have existed since installation.
MidiOx sees all my console controls.
Thanks,
Doug
Doug

mdyde

Re: VII Autodetect Problem

PostTue Mar 15, 2022 4:40 am

Hello Doug,

Do you mean that you aren't actually able to auto-detect MIDI stops to virtual stop switches, or that stops which you had previously auto-detected (i.e. whose previously-detected MIDI settings were in the backup you restored) are no longer operable from MIDI?

Why did you restore the v6 backup? For example, was it because you had v6 running on a different computer? (If so, then the MIDI ports may be different on the new computer, so you would potentially need to enable/tick the relevant MIDI IN and MIDI OUT ports in the appropriate rows, or even auto-detect everything again if your new computer has less/differently-cabled MIDI ports.)

On your v7 computer, please first:

- Reboot the computer for good measure.

- Go to the "General settings | MIDI ports" screen, and make sure that the correct ports are ticked on the 'MIDI IN ports' screen tab (and also on the 'MIDI OUT ports' screen tab, if your MIDI stops are solenoid-actuated or illuminated).

- Now load the St. Anne's organ.

- Right-click on (for example), the Great Trumpet 8, and try auto-detecting it to one of your MIDI stops.

Does that work properly?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Doug S.

PostWed Mar 16, 2022 10:52 am

My console midi board in the particular mode I've set is sending the stops control in not only the proper assigned channels both also the same message in channel 6. I believe this duplicate is what is preventing proper recognition.
Doug

mdyde

PostWed Mar 16, 2022 12:34 pm

Thanks, Doug.

Yes -- that would prevent Hauptwerk (v4-v7) from being able to auto-detect its MIDI stops. Any given MIDI stop/piston does need to send on a single and constant MIDI channel.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support