It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 am

HW 7 and Dante

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

münsterorganist

HW 7 and Dante

PostThu Mar 24, 2022 10:12 am

Dear Martin,
I need same help. In our musicschool we have HW installed. For our students we have one installation with RME AIO soundcard and we have for our concertroom an installation with Dante Asio soundcard. With HW 5 and 6 it was without problems. Now by HW 7 Dante doesn't work. The Asio Driver is not working proberly. So far we have been able to switch between HW normal and alt fig ... configuration. Is it a Problem with HW 7?

mdyde

Re: HW 7 and Dante

PostThu Mar 24, 2022 10:20 am

Hello münsterorganist,

I have no experience with Dante myself, so I can't really help with that, I'm afraid, but there's absolutely no difference between Hauptwerk v5/v6 and v7 with regard to audio drivers/ASIO, or platform requirements/components [except that v7 is linked to a later version of the iLok libraries, which might possibly themselves be linked to newer versions of the Windows libraries, but I very much doubt that's relevant].

My only suggestions would be:

- Make sure that all available Windows updates are installed.

- Try (re-)installing the latest version of iLok License Manager ( https://ilok.com/ ).

- Try (re-)installing the latest version of your Dante driver/software.

- Reboot.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mdyde

PostThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am

P.S. Just in case the problem is due to overfilling RAM (especially if using a Mac), after rebooting, try testing using St. Anne's (which is a small and non-intensive sample set).
Best regards, Martin.

münsterorganist

PostFri Mar 25, 2022 2:44 am

Dear Martin,
thank's for answer. I was able to solve the problem now. DVS Asio Dante doesn't appear in the sound settings under windows,which irritated us. In the end it was the mixer in HW. There under "Rank Routing" the channels had shifted when changing the motherboard and importing backup. Now all is fine. Best thank's for help.

mdyde

PostFri Mar 25, 2022 4:22 am

Thanks. Excellent -- glad to hear you managed to get it resolved.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support