It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:00 am

Licensing issue

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Thob3769

Licensing issue

PostTue Apr 05, 2022 5:08 pm

I am upgrading to the advanced version 7 and have installed same already. I am now unable to open the HW Licensing Package file (updated 2.14.22) and get a Safari message that it can't open the file since there is no application available. I am using a 2019 Mac with OS Monterey 12.1. I appreciate your assistance with this since I have no idea how to resolve this problem.

Tom T

IainStinson

Re: Licensing issue

PostTue Apr 05, 2022 5:50 pm

You should
A. Download the licensing package.
B. From within Hauptwerk, from the main menu click on File, then Install Organ..
C. When asked which file to install, chose the licensing package you have downloaded (in A)

You install the licensing package as if it were a sample set.

Iain

Thob3769

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 8:54 am

Thanks for your help. However, I can't open HW to do what you suggest. I am prompted to enter the activation code that I never received - unlike previous times when I have upgraded. I will try posting for help to get my activation code and see where that goes. This all is very frustrating - now in day 2 of trying to upgrade....

Tom

Thob3769

need activation code

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 9:01 am

Yesterday I purchased the upgrade with perpetual license for V7 adv. I never received an activation code - as I have with past upgrades. And, yes, I have checked my spam folder even though in the past I have not had to do that. So what do I need to do to get an activation code?

Thanks,

Tom

mdyde

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 9:10 am

Hello Tom,

Sorry to hear about the problem and thanks very much for buying the v7 upgrade.

You don't need to have installed the licensing packages in order purely in order to be able to launch Hauptwerk. (The licensing packages are potentially needed for loading organs.) However, you do need to to have activated your Hauptwerk v7 licence in order to launch Hauptwerk.

I'm not involved with MDA's shop myself, and am not sure exactly what the process is, but I believe the shop software would normally have emailed the necessary licence activation code to you when you purchased the upgrade, perhaps in your order confirmation email. If you haven't done so already, please check that the relevant email(s) haven't ended up in your email application's Spam folder.

Failing that, if you go to MDA's on-line shop and log in, perhaps there is somewhere there that you can view your orders and their associated licence activation codes?

If neither of those things help, Francois will probably need to help you with it. He's out of the office for a few hours today, but will be back later.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mdyde

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 9:11 am

P.S. I see we both replied at the same time.

[I've moved your reply from your new topic into this one, just so that relevant background information is in one place.]
Best regards, Martin.

Thob3769

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 11:55 am

I appreciate your help. The ONLY receipt I have was immediate from PayPal which has all kinds of info on the transaction that could verify my purchase. I have checked my spam folder multiple times to no avail.I just went to the MDA site and found a link to open My Account and then when I tried got a message that the site is down for maintenance. But I never had to go that route before - I always have gotten an email - indeed on this computer I am still using - with the verification code included. If you can involve Francois in this or tell me how to contact him, I would appreciate it.

Will be offline now for a while...

Thanks - Tom

mdyde

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 12:21 pm

Thanks, Tom.

I've emailed Francois and asked him to get back to you.
Best regards, Martin.

micdev

Site Admin

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 9:16 pm

Good evening Tom,

Unfortunately there is a problem with the store and I can't access your order to forward your activation code but you will find the ilok activation code in your Hauptwerk account

- Go to http://www.hauptwerk.com/my-account
- Sign-in then click Orders
- Click VIEW (next to your order placed 04/05)
- Your order details will be displayed. Scroll to the end of the page, you will find your activation code.

Once you found the code, redeem it in and also surrender your previous Hauptwerk license (HW5 or HW6) in iLOK Manager
- start iLOK Manager,
- sign-in (with your ilok credentials)
- click View | All licenses
- Deactivate your HW5 or HW6 license (right-click | Deactivate)
- click Licenses | Redeem... and enter the HW7 30-digit codes and activate the license, follow the instructions to surrender the HW5/6 license.

Hope that helps.
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

Thob3769

PostThu Apr 07, 2022 2:22 pm

I am making progress - found the activation code and followed your directions until I got stuck - I can't activate V7 apparently until I surrender the license for V6...I did deactivate V6. iLoc is telling me that V7 "license requires surrender" which I interpret to mean I need to surrender V6 even though I have deactivated it before I can actually activate V7. If indeed I need to surrender V6, I can't figure out how to do that. I wondered if the "Transfer License" link was the path but soon found it asking for a username of the account that would receive the license and language about a $25 fee.

What am I doing wrong/what do I do now?

Thanks,
Tom

micdev

Site Admin

PostThu Apr 07, 2022 3:27 pm

Hi,

I checked your ilok accont and your Hauptwerk 6 license is still active. You moved it from your ilok dongle to your cloud but it is still activated, preventing the surrendering of the license.

So I as wrote previously:

- start iLOK Manager,
- sign-in (with your ilok credentials)
- click View | All licenses
- Deactivate your HW6 license (right-click | Deactivate)

Since you already redeemed your license, simply activate the Hw7 (right-click) license now and follow the instructions (on screen to confirm the surrender of your HW6 license.

Hope that helps.
Best regards
François

Thob3769

PostThu Apr 07, 2022 4:55 pm

The only option iLoc offers for Version 6 is to activate. The deactivate link is faded both in the License dropdown and using right click on the V6 line. I even tried signing off my account and reopening it. Any more ideas?

micdev

Site Admin

PostThu Apr 07, 2022 8:53 pm

Good evening,

I checked again your ilok account and the HW6 license is "still" activated. Never saw a problem like yours.

Try to:

- Start ilok Manager
- click FILE | Close all cloud session (if not greyed out)
- right click the ilok dongle image (left-pane) and select Synchronized.
- click VIEW | ALL Licenses
- try to deactivate your HW6 license

If still failing. Exit ilok manager. Go to ilok.com and download the latest version of iLOK Manager and re-install.

If all fail, create a ticket at hauptwerk[dot].com , click support and create ticket. In the ticket make sure to include your ilok USERID and PASSWORD. I will try it on my side.

Hope that helps.
Best regards
François

Thob3769

PostFri Apr 08, 2022 7:23 am

I just sent you a support ticket with all info you need. Obviously your suggestions didn't result in a resolution of my issue. Truly appreciate your assistance here - Tom

micdev

Site Admin

PostFri Apr 08, 2022 9:05 am

Solved. :-)
Best regards
François

Next

Return to Technical support