It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:47 am

Problem seeing both left and right consoles

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

danwerning

Problem seeing both left and right consoles

PostFri Apr 15, 2022 9:38 pm

Accidentally turned off computer in mid session. After turning back on and reloading Hauptwerk, cannot see both lh AND rh consoles. I can click on rh console and see it on either left OR right monitor. I can click on lh console and see it on either left OR right monitor. Does the same thing in either Lavender Hereford Cathedral or Hauptwerk St. Anne Mosely. Both monitors are working fine. How do I open both consoles simultaneously? Never was a problem before.

Of course I've rebooted, reloaded, searched every setting I could find. No luck.

IainStinson

Re: Problem seeing both left and right consoles

PostSat Apr 16, 2022 3:45 am

As both monitors are working, I suggest checking that the second HW console window Is enabled (from the View main menu), see pg 78 of the v7 manual.

Iain

mdyde

PostSat Apr 16, 2022 3:49 am

Hello Dan,

I'm not sure that I'm quite clear what you're describing, but please try:

1. Launch Hauptwerk (without loading an organ, to help avoid any potential for confusion).

2. On Hauptwerk's menu, make sure all three of the "View | Console window 2-4" options are unticked, so that only the main Hauptwerk window remains visible.

3. Drag the main window onto your primary computer monitor.

4. Now tick "View | Console window 2" on the menu. Console window 2 will open. It will normally remember it's previous position, but if that was invalid then it may open on top of the main Hauptwerk window. (If you still can't see it, check whether it's opened behind the primary window, by dragging the primary window a little to one side.) Drag that console window 2 onto your second computer monitor. You should now have the main console window on your primary computer monitor, and console window 2 on your second computer monitor.

5. Now load the St. Anne's organ (as a test).

6. In the main Hauptwerk window (which you positioned on your primary computer monitor), click on (for example) the "Left jamb" tab above the graphical console, so that the graphical St. Anne's left jamb display is shown on your primary computer monitor.

7. Likewise, in console window 2 (which you positioned on your second computer monitor), click on (for example) the "Right jamb" tab above the graphical console, so that the graphical St. Anne's right jamb display is shown on your primary computer monitor.

8. Exit Hauptwerk.

9. Re-launch it, and re-load St. Anne's. You should see that its left jamb still shows on your primary computer monitor, and its right jamb on your second computer monitor.

Does that work properly for you? If not, at which of the above stages do you have a problem, and what happens instead?

[Edit: P.S. I see that Iain and I replied at the same time. Thanks, as always, Iain.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

danwerning

PostSat Apr 16, 2022 5:41 am

Thanks to both of you. I will store these good responses for next time, if there is a next time. Meanwhile, I just reloaded my last settings backup file and that fixed the problem. (I lost a few registrations, but that's not a big deal.)

mdyde

PostSat Apr 16, 2022 5:45 am

Thanks, Dan. You're welcome. Glad to hear you've resolved it anyway.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support