It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 am

No Audio

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

RODANDUNA

Re: No Audio

PostFri Apr 22, 2022 4:40 am

Thanks Martin for your advice I will try what you say, but just had another fiddle and find that selecting the audio divice in general settings their is a list as follows
ASIO ASIO Echo Firewire
ASIO Realtec ASIO
Directsound Analog out 01-08(2-Audiofire 12)
Directsound Analog out 09-12(2-Audiofire 12
Direct Sound Primary Sound Driver
Direct sound Speakers / Headphones (Realtec High Definition Audio)
Hauptwerk VST Link

St Annes in Hauptwerk defult
I got it to work on 2 speakers using Directsound Analog out 09-12(2-Audiofire 12
But no sound on the others Thanks Rod

mdyde

PostFri Apr 22, 2022 5:20 am

Hello Rod,

Perhaps just some of the channels on your Audiofire (or the cables/amplifiers/speakers connected to them) aren't working for some reason.

Still with all-default settings in Hauptwerk, I'd suggest:

- Select "ASIO: ASIO Echo Firewire" as the output device on Hauptwerk's "General settings | Audio device ..." screen.
- Load St. Anne's.
- Go to the "General settings | Audio mixer" screen.
- Keeping the very first item selected in the left-hand list (master mix bus 1, which is used for all output with default settings), in the right-hand pane for "Audio output device channels: Channels" select each pair of channels (1/2, 3/4, ..., 11/12) in turn, testing to see whether you hear audio from each pair.

If some work and some don't then check the cabling, amplifiers and speakers for the ones that don't.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

RODANDUNA

PostFri Apr 22, 2022 6:35 am

Hi Martin, Just an update I did what you said in regard to the Audio drivers I loaded the St Annes in the defult section in the FILE Then General settings. In the Audio device and this is what came up
ASIO ASIO Echo Firewire
ASIO Realtec ASIO
Direct sound Analog out 01-08 (2 audiofire 12)
Direct sound Analog out 09-12 (2 audiofire 12
Direct Sound Primary sound driver
Direct speakers/Headphones (realteck High definion Audio)
Huptwerk VST Link
With the St Annes loaded in defult I had 2 speakers sounding only with the Direct sound Analog out 09-12 (2 audiofire 12
no other settings in the audio device would give any sound
Can I only expect 2 speakers too sound in the defult setting? Thanks Rod

RODANDUNA

PostFri Apr 22, 2022 6:45 am

Hi Martin I have made another two posts to you explaning what I have done but they both seem to have disapered Rod

RODANDUNA

PostFri Apr 22, 2022 6:46 am

Sorry Martin it seems to have come back again Rod

mdyde

PostFri Apr 22, 2022 7:00 am

Hello Rod,

Do you mean that you did try exactly what I described here?:

mdyde wrote:Still with all-default settings in Hauptwerk, I'd suggest:

- Select "ASIO: ASIO Echo Firewire" as the output device on Hauptwerk's "General settings | Audio device ..." screen.
- Load St. Anne's.
- Go to the "General settings | Audio mixer" screen.
- Keeping the very first item selected in the left-hand list (master mix bus 1, which is used for all output with default settings), in the right-hand pane for "Audio output device channels: Channels" select each pair of channels (1/2, 3/4, ..., 11/12) in turn, testing to see whether you hear audio from each pair.

In that test (with the ASIO Echo Firewire driver selected as above), did you hear sound when any of the channels were selected on the Audio Mixer screen (as above)?
Best regards, Martin.

RODANDUNA

PostFri Apr 22, 2022 8:05 am

Hi Martin no I have not done that test yet I will try that tomorrow Thanks for your help and advice Rod

RODANDUNA

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 4:13 am

Thanks Martin I am not able to do what you suggested because as soon as I go to ASIO echo firewire I get no sound in any channels, I only get sound in Dieect sound analog out ASIO audiofire 09-12 (2 Audiofire 12) which only allows for a pair of speakers It seems that the 2 number is looking for another audiofire. that is not their Thanks Rod

mdyde

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 4:34 am

Thanks, Rod.

To be usable for anything other than a single stereo output with Hauptwerk you would need to have a working ASIO driver one way or another.

Given that the Echo Audiofires were discontinued some years ago, the best (and possibly only) option would be to buy a newer audio interface that has proper support for Windows 10. For example, current interfaces by MOTU, Focusrite, M-Audio and RME are popular.

Alternatively, you might conceivably be able to get the freeware ASIO4all driver to work with your Audiofire, instead of using Echo's own ASIO driver, but I'll have to leave you to experiment with that if you want to try it.
Best regards, Martin.

münsterorganist

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 6:20 am

Lately I'm also desperate because I doesn't get any sound out after a switch to HW7. It was my ignorance. Here's a suggestion: asio drivers should be correct.All channels should be visible in audio channel area.Mixer 1 Nr.1-4 "None; Perspectives 5-8 should have audio outputs. F.e. subwoofer can be grounded to Mix.3.....Now my mistake: in Rank Routing the channels had shifted somewhere, so the stops were unassigned .
See if the normal mapping to perspectives 5,2,3,4 is here present . For me that was the mistake. With Rank voicing you could distribute the ranks.

mdyde

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 6:34 am

Hello münsterorganist,

Thanks very much for the suggestions, but I don't think routing that could be the problem in Rod's case since he gets no sound at all from his Audiofire ASIO driver, even with all-default Hauptwerk settings (which route everything to channels 1+2 on the selected driver, i.e. to a single stereo output), or if he then tries each output channel pair in turn on the driver. Hence even with just basic stereo output (default settings), none of the channels on his Audiofire ASIO driver seem to work.
Best regards, Martin.

RODANDUNA

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 6:45 am

Thanks for your suggestions With the ASIO settings all 12 channels are present but their is no sound. but when I shift Direct a pair of channels L & R show in the list but of course only 2 channels sound, I have tried every which way with the 12 channels but to no avail All the speakers & cables have been tested & are working, my midi interface is good so am wondering if there is something amiss with the audio firewire Ho Hum keep looking, Cheers Rod

RODANDUNA

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 6:55 am

Thanks Martin you are absolutely correct I have lost confidence in the firewire connection & I think you are correct I need a change. With the defult setting in H/W routing can I only expect 1 pair of speakers to sound even though I have 12?
Another question with Paramount 3/20 is that capable of more than 1 stereo channel? Thanks for your help along the way Rod

mdyde

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 7:01 am

Thanks, Rod.

To use more than a stereo output you need to be using an ASIO driver, not DirectSound, since DirectSound drivers only support a single stereo output. Hence you either need to find some way to get your Audiofire's ASIO driver (or ASIO4All with it) working on your Windows 10 PC, or get a current/recent audio interface that has support for Windows 10 (i.e. which has a working ASIO driver).

Hauptwerk's default settings are configured for basic stereo output (with any sample set), but you can certainly change them to use multiple audio outputs (e.g. 12 or more). However, as above you do need to be using an ASIO driver in order for that to be possible.
Best regards, Martin.

RODANDUNA

PostMon Apr 25, 2022 4:12 am

Hey Martin Thanks for all the help ASIO4all has worked a treat & I now have my 12 audio channels working perfectly It seems that the audiofire ASIO can be a headache with windows 10 It has saved me from changing my audio device Best Rod
PreviousNext

Return to Technical support