It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:36 am

Strange Harmonic

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

RODANDUNA

Strange Harmonic

PostThu Apr 28, 2022 11:18 pm

Hi all, Almost have my H/W 6.02 & Paramount 3/41 working perfectly except one problem
On the solo keyboard G3 note there is a strange harmonic sounding on each & every voice on that note or key, when I transpose one semitone or more it remains on that G note, ,with no voices selected there is no sound but as I add one voice the harmonic sound returns, The sound dosen't appear on any other keyboard. I have exhausted my knowledge (which is small) but can't find the answer. Any help would be great Rod

mdyde

Re: Strange Harmonic

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 4:54 am

Hello Rod,

I don't myself have detailed knowledge of the Paramount sample sets, but my suggestions would be:

- In Hauptwerk (v6, which you're using) go to the "Organ settings | Organ preferences | Audio engine" screen and make sure that you have the "High-definition pitch-shifting" option is ticked. If that doesn't eliminate it:

- Switch your MIDI console off for now, so as to eliminate any possibility of it triggering any virtual controls unintentionally, then see whether you can still reproduce the effect by clicking on the virtual stops and keys with the mouse. If you can still reproduce it:

- Exit Hauptwerk, then launch one of the "Hauptwerk (alt config N)" configurations (desktop shortcuts) which has all-default settings, and make sure that you audio driver is selected.

- Still within that configuration, load the sample set and see whether you can reproduce the effect by clicking on the virtual stops and keys with the mouse. (With default routing settings, all audio will be routed to a single stereo output, which could help to determine whether the problem is somehow related to one of your audio amplifiers/speakers/channels in your usual multi-channel audio set-up.) If you can still reproduce it:

- See whether you can still hear it on headphones.

Does that help?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

RODANDUNA

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 6:27 am

Thanks Martin, for your suggestions, As I transferred my Paramount organ over from another organ in ilok I don't have the ALT config icon for that paramount 3/41 in the organ which I transferred too, am I able to create one? Thanks Rod

mdyde

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 6:35 am

Hello Rod,

Any computer on which Hauptwerk has been installed will have four shortcuts on the desktop named:

- Hauptwerk
- Hauptwerk (Alt config 1)
- Hauptwerk (Alt config 2)
- Hauptwerk (Alt config 3)

You can also find those in the "Hauptwerk Virtual Pipe Organ" sub-menu on the Windows Start menu.

Those four shortcuts are the Hauptwerk 'configurations', each of which has entirely independent settings from the others, but they share the installed organs and licences. Hence if you normally use the Paramount within the main "Hauptwerk" configuration (desktop shortcut) then you would also be able to load it within any of the other three, without needing to install anything else, or to do anything related to licensing.
Best regards, Martin.

RODANDUNA

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 8:57 pm

Thanks Martin I loaded a different organ & still get the same harmonic sound on G3 But don't get it on the virtual keyboard What is that telling me? Sorry to bother you with all this Cheers Rod

mdyde

PostSat Apr 30, 2022 3:37 am

Thanks, Rod.

Am I right in understanding that:

1) On the Paramount 341 if you click on the virtual keys/stops you *don't* hear the sound in question, but you do hear it whenever you play the same virtual keys/stops from your MIDI organ console? And:
2) The same is true with a different sample set?

If so, I'd suspect that either:

a) Your MIDI console is producing the sound itself (e.g. from its internal voices, if it's a digital organ), or:
b) You also have the MIDI keyboard auto-detected to trigger something unintentional in Hauptwerk (e.g. some action noise or sound effect virtual button/rank).

To see whether it's a) you could try turning the volume slider back and forth between fully up and fully down on Hauptwerk's "Audio, MIDI and Performance" large control panel (which can be opened from, e.g. "View | Large floating control panels ...") whilst holding down a MIDI key on the relevant keyboard. All of Hauptwerk's output will be much quieter (but not silent) when the slider is fully down, so if your 'strange harmonic' noise doesn't change in volume as you move the slider then the noise can't be coming from Hauptwerk itself.
Best regards, Martin.

RODANDUNA

PostSat Apr 30, 2022 7:06 am

Thanks Martin you were correct it was a problem with the console itself 2 Keying contacts, for some reason had joined together & were both playing at the same time when the G3 note was pressed. All working perfect now thanks Rod

mdyde

PostSat Apr 30, 2022 7:44 am

Thanks, Rod. Excellent. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.

RODANDUNA

PostSat Apr 30, 2022 7:35 pm

Martin you are a legend Rod

Return to Technical support