It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:03 am

Second Touch

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

RODANDUNA

Second Touch

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 12:29 am

Hi all programmers, I have second touch directed to my top keyboard 4th manual & wondered how I could program a 16 coupler to that channel so I am not only playing 8ft voices Could it be done via a seperate Umidi module? Sorry getting a bit deep here Rod

mdyde

Re: Second Touch

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 3:58 am

Hello Rod,

[I've split this post from it's original forum topic, given that it's on a separate subject.]

If your MIDI second-touch keyboard sends second touch MIDI events as MIDI note-on/off messages on a separate MIDI channel from its 'first-touch' MIDI note-on/off messages, then via the "Organ settings | Organ keyboards" screen you could potentially manually configure any virtual keyboard to respond to the MIDI keyboard's second-touch MIDI messages independently from whatever virtual keyboard(s) you have its 'first-touch' MIDI messages triggering.

For example, you could configure the MIDI keyboard's 'first-touch' note-on/off messages/channel to play the virtual Solo manual via the "Input 1" tab on the settings screen with "Key shift = Don't shift keys", and then also on the "Input 2" tab configure the MIDI keyboard's second-touch note-on/off messages/channel to play the virtual Solo manual with "Key shift = Shift keys down 1 octave".

However, you wouldn't be able to use it to play stops independently -- it could only potentially trigger virtual keyboards that the sample set provides.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

RODANDUNA

Re: Second Touch

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 6:15 am

Thanks Martin I will try the suggestions you have given Cheers Rod

Return to Technical support