It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:09 am

OS Error 0x05

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

LarryL

OS Error 0x05

PostSun May 01, 2022 11:05 pm

When I try to start5 Hauptwerk, I get "Can't load protection component OS Error 0x05". I think this is an ILock problem. But have not found any way around it.

mdyde

Re: OS Error 0x05

PostMon May 02, 2022 4:01 am

Hello Larry,

I haven't heard of that error before. Please try:

- Make sure that all available operating system updates are installed: check for updates, apply any available, reboot, then repeat until there are no more.

- Reboot and log in with the operating system account that you use for installing and running Hauptwerk. (N.B. it's important that you always use the same operating system account for running Hauptwerk that you used to install it, and that the operating system account has administrator privileges, as the default Windows account does, for example.)

- Download and (re-)install the latest version of iLok License Managert: https://ilok.com/#!home ... then reboot again (for good measure).

Does that solve it?

If not, what operating system are you using?

Which version of Hauptwerk are you using?

Had you done anything on the computer (e.g. installing/upgrading Hauptwerk or anything else) since it was last working?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support