It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:00 am

A couple of questions.

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

StephenM

A couple of questions.

PostWed May 04, 2022 8:31 pm

Martin,
Hopefully you can answer 3 questions for me.

1. I am using the same 2 custom piston toolbars for every organ. This gives 32 pistons. I have no trouble setting up the toolbars as I want, and customizing the text labels. Can I set up a piston to be " Load temperament"?

2. When editing .xml files how can I set a line to be ignored, without deleting the line?

3. I like to set up most organs to look similar on my screen. This involves editing and moving images. I enjoy this challenge and am normally quite successful. This sometimes involves a bit of trial and error.
In the latest Buckeburg organ (what a beauty from SP!) many lines like the following one exist in the "Image Set Instance" section ...
<o><a>11019</a><c>11019</c><e>2</e><q>16019</q><f>6</f><g>359</g><h>98</h><r>360</r><s>50</s><b>Tremulant HW (NonPhoto)</b></o>

I have worked out what all this means except for the r and s values.... <r>360</r><s>50</s>. What do these indicate?

With thanks
Stephen

mdyde

Re: A couple of questions.

PostThu May 05, 2022 6:34 am

Hello Stephen,

StephenM wrote:1. I am using the same 2 custom piston toolbars for every organ. This gives 32 pistons. I have no trouble setting up the toolbars as I want, and customizing the text labels. Can I set up a piston to be " Load temperament"?

To piston toolbar pistons you can assign the function which loads the last-used temperament, or the functions which load favourite temperaments, but you can't currently assign the function which opens the browser window for selecting one ("Pitch | Load temperament ..."). I've logged as an enhancement request that you'd be to be able to do that.

However, that function is available via control panels (and in Hauptwerk v7+ you can open/close control panels from piston toolbar pistons).

StephenM wrote:2. When editing .xml files how can I set a line to be ignored, without deleting the line?

See here for how to comment things out in XML files: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XML#Comments

StephenM wrote:3. I like to set up most organs to look similar on my screen. This involves editing and moving images. I enjoy this challenge and am normally quite successful. This sometimes involves a bit of trial and error.
In the latest Buckeburg organ (what a beauty from SP!) many lines like the following one exist in the "Image Set Instance" section ...
<o><a>11019</a><c>11019</c><e>2</e><q>16019</q><f>6</f><g>359</g><h>98</h><r>360</r><s>50</s><b>Tremulant HW (NonPhoto)</b></o>

Briefly (since we only officially provide support for editing 'full-format' organ definition files to major sample set producers), and given that I see that you do have the sample set creator documentation/utilities:

You can de-compact an ODF's XML so that its attribute names are readable. Alternatively, you can export it to a SQLite database and it edit it via third-party SQLite database editor software (e.g. the freeware DB Browser for SQLite). See the sample set creator's guide for full details (e.g. the sections covering XML auto-compacting and SQLite databases respectively).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support