It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:28 am

Reinstalling HW 6 on a new Mac - moving old settings

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

ChrisKeller

Reinstalling HW 6 on a new Mac - moving old settings

PostThu May 19, 2022 7:48 am

Hello,

I am getting a brand-new Mac Studio Ultra (128 Gb Ram) and I will have to reinstall Hauptwerk on this Mac. All my organs are installed on an external SSD drive. I would like to ask before I am running in a problem:

If I install HW6 totally new, will I be able to reallocate the installed organs on the external SSD without reinstalling everything again? I plan to restore the user settings after installing via the last backup I will have made then on the old Mac.

My panic is, that HW6 does not accept the old installations of the organs.

Thank you in advance for any help and best wishes,
Christoph

mnailor

Re: Reinstalling HW 6 on a new Mac - moving old settings

PostThu May 19, 2022 8:55 am

If your Hauptwerk samplesets and components folder is on the external drive, you won't need to reinstall the samplesets. You will have to recache (slow load) the organs the first time you load them, unless the internal working files folder is also on an external drive and the HW version is identical.

mdyde

Re: Reinstalling HW 6 on a new Mac - moving old settings

PostThu May 19, 2022 9:03 am

Hello Christoph,

To add to Mark's reply, when running the Hauptwerk installer on your new Mac, choose the Custom option in the installer and make sure that you select the *parent* folder of the HauptwerkSampleSetsAndComponents folder when prompted for the 'sample sets and components' location, not the HauptwerkSampleSetsAndComponents folder itself. (The installer automatically create/use the HauptwerkSampleSetsAndComponents folder within the folder you select.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support