It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:26 am

Second touch

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

RODANDUNA

Second touch

PostSun May 22, 2022 8:27 pm

Hi Martin or others, I have put 2nd touch on my solo manual so I can use it as a 4th keyboard & wondered if I can shift it down one octave, I can shift it down but it effects the accomp also, Is there any way to get around this only shifting the second touch Thanks Rod

mdyde

Re: Second touch

PostMon May 23, 2022 3:34 am

Hello Rod,

Via the "Organ settings | Keyboards" screen you can alter the 'key-shift' (e.g. to -12 semitones) for a virtual keyboard (e.g. Solo) as a whole. You can't shift the keys for a virtual keyboard's virtual 2nd touch differently from its '1st touch', though.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

RODANDUNA

PostMon May 23, 2022 9:28 pm

Thanks Martin I thought that might be the case, although I am aware of someone that has used the second touch on a solo manual only & & programed it into the umidi module Using a syntax message like, 2nd touch -12 semitones but don't know how to do it myself unfortunatly Thanks Rod

magnaton

PostTue May 24, 2022 12:48 am

Since you mentioned uMidi module in your previous post, you must have the Artisan MIDI encoding boards. . . ? I've never programmed a 2nd touch keyboard with their system but my guess is the 2nd touch contacts are wired to a separate Artisan HV64 Input board and assigned to a different MIDI channel. If so then you can define the 2nd touch input board with a different MIDI offset starting at 24 rather then the standard 36. Midi note 36 is Low C, an organ's 61 note keyboard and pedalboard. Here would be the modified syntax for an Artisan UCF file.

*HV64
*div=2ndTch *bits=1,61 *mch=7 *mno=24

The "mno" is Midi Note Offset. So starting at 24 (which doesn't exist for HW) means that the second octave C note is now Low C (Midi note 36), Thus you've shifted your 2nd touch contacts down 1 octave.

I currently don't have a uMidi Module and HV64 input board to confirm this but in theory it should work.

Danny B.

organsRgreat

PostTue May 24, 2022 5:22 am

This is pure speculation, but I’m wondering if Bome MIDI translator could be used. It would be set to intercept MIDI note messages on the second touch channel, subtract 12 to drop the pitch by an octave, then send those notes on to Hauptwerk. Messages on other channels would be unaffected.

https://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator

RODANDUNA

PostTue May 24, 2022 10:18 am

Thanks guys for your helpful posts, Yes I am using Artisan boards, after reading your posts I think my issue is that because don't have a separate set of key contacts on the accomp keyboard, so for the 2T I use a forth keyboard on a separate midi channel to send the 2T stops using that keyboard as my key contacts The organ that I am working with is the Paramount 3/41, I have a 4 keyboard console so just trying to make use of that extra keyboard Thanks for your help & time (I wonder if the second post that was sent might work?) Hope this makes sense. Rod.

RODANDUNA

PostWed May 25, 2022 11:36 pm

Hi Danny I think that your method should work as the seperate set of contacts are the solo manual used for only the 2nd touch I will work on it thanks Rod

Return to Technical support