It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:58 am

Loop Community Track Rig

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

CPC30214

Loop Community Track Rig

PostSat Jun 04, 2022 9:55 am

I normally run HW on Mac Mini 2020 edition. However, it completely went down recently and am in the process of getting it repaired or buying another.

In the interim, am attempting to install and run HW on a Windows platform. However, I am getting the following error:

Could not set the audio format of the secondary audio buffer for DirectSound device Loop Community Track Rig. Error message suggests I reboot - which I did. No success. Any suggestions from the community?

Thanks,
Marty

mdyde

Re: Loop Community Track Rig

PostSat Jun 04, 2022 10:15 am

Hello Marty,

[Based on PACE's system, I see you have a current Hauptwerk Advanced Edition licence, so I assume you're using v7 and have moved the topic here.]

I'd suggest making sure that you have the latest firmware (if applicable) and driver installed for the audio interface. Then reboot, launch Hauptwerk and select its manufacturer-supplied ASIO driver (not DirectSound), assuming it has one, as the audio output device on the "General settings | Audio device ..." screen in Hauptwerk.

If that doesn't work (or if it doesn't have a manufacturer-supplied ASIO driver), you might instead be able to get the freeware ASIO4All driver to work with it. Try installing and configuring that, then select it in Hauptwerk as the audio output device, to see whether that works any better.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support