It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:53 am

Transferring the Voicing

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

ludu

Transferring the Voicing

PostWed Jul 13, 2022 9:35 am

Hello,

I have two HW consoles, each with its computer. When I set the voicing on one, I used to transfer the appropriate config file to the other successfully. However, I have just failed with the Nancy organ (002513), an error message telling me that the cash is not correct. Do you understand this?
Luc

mdyde

Re: Transferring the Voicing

PostWed Jul 13, 2022 10:02 am

Hello Luc,

(Officially speaking, the only supported way to copy settings/voicing from one computer to another is to use Hauptwerk's backup/restore mechanism which copies them for all organs at once and ensures that caches are regenerated automatically if/when needed -- copying Hauptwerk's settings files around manually isn't supported, since it would be easy to break things that way, so it's at your own risk, but I do appreciate why you might want to do it, especially given that it there isn't currently a means to transfer just voicing, or settings for just a single organ.)

Hauptwerk's organ configuration XML files contain *all* settings for the given organ (not solely the voicing), including the rank memory options which affect the required format of the sample set cache file. Hence if you had set the rank memory options differently on one computer to the other, and you then manually copied the organ configuration XML file between the two computers, you would then get an error that the cache format was invalid (because the settings in the file wouldn't correspond to those for which the sample set cache had been generated).

Also, if there are any differences in the installed versions of that particular sample set between the two computers, then copying the organ configuration XML manually could result in that error. (Make sure that you have any relevant patches for the sample set applied to both computers.)

However, in either case, after getting the error about the invalid cache format, if you then simply try loading the organ again, the cache file would have been marked invalid and should be regenerated automatically anyway.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

ludu

PostWed Jul 13, 2022 10:54 am

Hello Martin,

Thank you very much for your reply, quick and complete, as usual. Indeed, you understood well that I need to transfer only the voicing of a single sample set. A transfer of the entire setup would be catastrophic, as the destination organ has 120 LCDs for stop names, and they would all be lost for the other sample sets. I therefore allow myself to suggest this improvement in a later version of HW, because the voicing takes a lot of time and it would be interesting to be able to move it, possibly to help another organist.

Kind regards,
Luc

mdyde

PostWed Jul 13, 2022 11:30 am

Thanks, Luc.

Yes -- adding the ability to import/export/copy just voicing for an organ between computers is logged as an enhancement request.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support