It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 am

Increased pitch by one octave

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

pat17

Increased pitch by one octave

PostSat Jul 16, 2022 10:30 am

Hi everyone,

I have done quite a lot of data cleaning on my Hautpwerk computer over the last days - taking advantage of some leave days to do it - and when playing today I faced an issue on all organs.

The notes have all been increased by one octave on each instruments / keyboards, etc...

By adjusting the 'Pitch - Key Transpose' value by - 12, it's back to normal, in terms of notes at least.

Is there anything I have done that might have affected the organ settings?

To be added I have already faced the issue in the past - some 3 years ago. By resetting to '0' on the 'Key Transpose' value, it helped to come back to normal. I tried again today with no result.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide me with!

mdyde

Re: Increased pitch by one octave

PostSat Jul 16, 2022 10:35 am

Hello Pat,

If the audio interface was using the wrong sample rate (48 kHz vs. 96 kHz or vice-versa) then the pitch would be out by one octave. That might happen if you'd accidentally changed the sample rate on your audio interface, or in Hauptwerk, and if the audio interface doesn't automatically change sample rate to the value specified in Hauptwerk, for example. Likewise if some other application was running simultaneously and trying to play audio through the audio interface, causing it to change sample rate from the intended value.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

pat17

PostSat Jul 16, 2022 12:24 pm

Thanks Martin for your speedy answer! 8)

Among the various possibilities I can think of -

- I have been reducing the sample rate from 96 kHz down to 48 kHz thanks to your valuable advice on this thread
- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20427
It might have been the cause of this issue, although I have not changed anything on the DAC - I'm not using any audio board.

- I was using Reaper in the same time, which was started automatically when the Mini was starting, which I have closed down and stopped loading upon start.

Anyways, after I had re-checked everything and re-started the Mini, all is back to normal.

Thanks a million for your valuable help! :D

mdyde

PostSat Jul 16, 2022 12:34 pm

Thanks, Pat. Excellent. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support