It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:56 am

Installation help and loading samplesets -- v4.2

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

triapavl

Installation help and loading samplesets -- v4.2

PostTue Jul 19, 2022 5:43 am

I recently had to upgrade my computer due to hard drive issues, and of course, HW had to be reinstalled.
The bad news is that I only had the DVD which I had acquired when I first bought the software, so I could only install version 4. None of my samplesets will work with that version, however, as this message appears instead:

Code: Select all
Parsing error at line 2 when loading the XML fille C:/Program Files/Hauptwerk Virtual Pipe Organ/InternalRescources/FileLocations.FileLocations_Hauptwerk_xnl – The version of the file format is too high. Please upgrade Hauptwerk tot he latest available version. (FileFormatVersion=4.11012, maximum allowed version=4.00).

Is there a way of upgrading to 4.2, or resolving this issue without upgrading? Or do I absolutely have to go to v7?

Thanks.

mdyde

Re: Installation help and loading samplesets -- v4.2

PostTue Jul 19, 2022 6:07 am

Hello triapavl,

If you completely uninstalled Hauptwerk, selecting the option in the uninstaller to remove all settings and files, and then reinstalled the latest version that you do have (presumably v4.0, based on the error message) 'from clean' then it should eliminate that error. However, many v4 sample sets required v4.2 (and so wouldn't work with v4.0), and v4.2 had a lot of improvements and bug fixes above v4.0, so I really don't think you'd want to use v4.0.

The final v4 version was v4.2.1, which would be the ideal v4 version to install if sticking to v4, and if you have a copy of the installer for that saved anyway. However, v4 isn't available in any form from MDA (or anywhere else officially), I'm afraid.

v7 does have a lot of major improvements above v4, and you would be eligible to upgrade your v4 licence to v7, in case you do decide to go down that route.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

triapavl

PostTue Jul 19, 2022 6:13 am

mdyde wrote:Hello triapavl,

If you completely uninstalled Hauptwerk, selecting the option in the uninstaller to remove all settings and files, and then reinstalled the latest version that you do have (presumably v4.0, based on the error message) 'from clean' then it should eliminate that error. However, many v4 sample sets required v4.2 (and so wouldn't work with v4.0), and v4.2 had a lot of improvements and bug fixes above v4.0, so I really don't think you'd want to use v4.0.

The final v4 version was v4.2.1, which would be the ideal v4 version to install if sticking to v4, and if you have a copy of the installer for that saved anyway. However, v4 isn't available in any form from MDA (or anywhere else officially), I'm afraid.

v7 does have a lot of major improvements above v4, and you would be eligible to upgrade your v4 licence to v7, in case you do decide to go down that route.

Thank you. Do I need to have v4.2 professional in order to get the upgrade to v7, or can I also upgrade from v4 professional?

mdyde

PostTue Jul 19, 2022 6:34 am

Thanks, triapavl.

I just checked in our database, and you currently have a licence for the Hauptwerk v4 Advanced Edition. There is/was no separate licence for v4.2 (licences relate to the major version number component). Hence you do have what would be needed to purchase a Hauptwerk v4 Advanced Edition to v7 Advanced Edition upgrade.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support