It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:25 am

Hauptwerk VII

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

RODANDUNA

Hauptwerk VII

PostThu Aug 04, 2022 10:27 pm

Hi Martin & others, I have Hauptwerk V installed & is working great, with the special now on with 20% off is there any value in upgrading from version V to VII The thing of most value to me would be a better quality of sound is this going to be possible? I also have version VI on another organ & don't notice much difference between them Thanks Rod

mdyde

Re: Hauptwerk VII

PostFri Aug 05, 2022 3:15 am

Hello Rod,

Thanks very much for the interest in upgrading.

There are quite a lot of significant enhancements in v7 above v5, including much higher quality audio engine processing (much lower distortion, higher quality filters, etc., all yielding better clarity). The full list of enhancements in v7 and v6 can be found in the v7 release notice here:

https://www.hauptwerk.com/documentation/

I think you would find the audio quality/realism of v7 noticeably and significantly better than v5 (provided that you select the new 'Higher' option for the "Audio engine processing quality" organ preference, which enables v7's highest-quality processing).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

JulianMoney-Kyrle

PostFri Aug 05, 2022 4:48 am

Obviously this is dependent on your sound system and how powerful your computer is, as ticking the higher quality options does put extra demands on the processor. In my system the sound improvements upgrading from VI to VII were obvious, and in particular there is an improvement in clarity when playing with the plenum.

RODANDUNA

PostFri Aug 05, 2022 8:49 am

Thanks Guys, I think that your explanations are a good enough reason to upgrade, is there a description to do so without loosing all of my settings etc Thanks Rod

RODANDUNA

PostFri Aug 05, 2022 8:51 am

I have a good sound system with 36 channels of behringer speakers Rod

mdyde

PostFri Aug 05, 2022 9:00 am

Thanks very much, Rod.

RODANDUNA wrote:is there a description to do so without loosing all of my settings etc

The "Upgrading or re-installing Hauptwerk" section in the main Hauptwerk user guide (pages 25-29 in the current v7.0 version: https://www.hauptwerk.com/documentation/ ) has the full instructions, but upgrading from v5 to v7 is very easy and shouldn't lose any of your settings/combinations/etc. Basically you just need to:

- First use "File | Backup ..." in your existing Hauptwerk version, for good measure.

- Use iLok License Manager to activate the v7 licence to your iLok dongle (selecting the v5 licence to 'surrender' when prompted).

- Download v7 ( e.g. from the "Download" menu on the main Hauptwerk website: https://hauptwerk.com/ ).

- Run its installer and follow the prompts, leaving all settings at their defaults. With default settings in the installer it will upgrade your existing installation automatically.

- Reboot the computer for good measure once the installer has finished.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

RODANDUNA

PostFri Aug 05, 2022 9:24 pm

Thanks Martin sure I can handle that Best Rod

Return to Technical support