It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:29 am

images in volume control

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

StephenM

images in volume control

PostWed Aug 17, 2022 7:40 am

Martin,
I have successfully in the past been able to change the look of a "bar graph" type volume indicator on screen, by creating all new images, sometimes 20, sometimes 50.
However, in my present project the bar graph does not work. All is OK going from 0 to maximum, but nothing happens when I reduce volume. Sometimes the graph stops.
The new images are the same size as the originals. What other image detail can affect the substitution?

Stephen

mdyde

Re: images in volume control

PostWed Aug 17, 2022 9:01 am

Hello Stephen,

Are you referring to something within a Custom Organ Design Module (CODM) ODF?

Or to editing a 'full-format' ODF (and/or image files that are being loaded from one)? If that's the case, I'm afraid I'll have to leave that one to you to investigate (e.g. with the help of the sample set creator's documentation), since the full ODF format can be a complex programming language, and we only officially provide support for editing it to major sample set producers -- very sorry.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mdyde

PostThu Aug 18, 2022 4:14 am

P.S. If you are referring to a full-format ODF, and just in case it helps anyway, here are some very brief points to bear in mind:

- ImageSetInstance.ScreenLayerNumber only applies when rendering/redrawing the virtual console as a whole.
- For performance reasons, dynamic control images are always simply redrawn directly whenever they change, regardless of ImageSetInstance.ScreenLayerNumber, and without causing any other ImageSetInstances that might overlap (or be underneath) them to be be redrawn. Hence it's important to bear in mind that dynamic controls mustn't overlap (except for areas that are transparent), although I believe s few sample sets have elaborate mechanisms to work around that (e.g. ImageSetInstances connected to internal CCs that contain images of several overlapping controls with all possible permutations of states and mechanisms to select the states, for 3D overlapping controls/shadows).
- .PNG transparency applies, if present.
- If the images are attached to Switch objects (not CCs), with the switches being tripped on/off from CCs, then check ContinuousControlStageSwitch.Engag/DisengageeWhenValueIncreasing/Decreasing attributes.

Hope that's of some help (but I'd have to leave it to you beyond that).
Best regards, Martin.

ReinerS

PostThu Aug 18, 2022 9:46 am

From your description a likely cause seems to be that your new images are filled from 0 to the indicated level and transparent above. As the background is NOT redrawn (as explained in martin's post) this would produce exactly what you describe, the bar fills up correctly, but when you go down again the remnant of the previous image is still visible and the bar appears to remain static. Hence you need to avoid transparency in the part of the images that changes with each stage.

StephenM

PostSun Aug 21, 2022 5:06 am

Thanks to Martin,. Martin and Reiner.

I make the images in CorelDRAW and import them into HW.
I did not think about transparency. That was the problem.

All OK now.
Thx
Stephen

mdyde

PostSun Aug 21, 2022 5:08 am

Thanks, Stephen. Excellent. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support