It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:16 am

Audio problem after rebuild

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

sclg

Audio problem after rebuild

PostWed Sep 28, 2022 10:26 am

Following earlier problems (see earlier posting), I have now completely reinstalled Windows (moving to W11 in the process) and reinstalled everything else - sound drivers, iLok, touchscreens, etc...
After installing and configuring HW (just using St Anne at the moment) the organ works and plays but there is a regularly 'click' roughly every second on top of the sound regardless of whether it's one note or a whole chord.

I have done all the usual Windows tweaking things as per the HW manual.

What might I have forgotten?
Thanks
Steve

mdyde

Re: Audio problem after rebuild

PostWed Sep 28, 2022 11:04 am

Hello Steve,

I don't yet have first-hand experience with Windows 11, but my general suggestion would be to double-check that you've followed each of the steps in the "Performance tuning: Other operating system and computer optimizations and diagnostics" section in the main Hauptwerk user guide (pages 308-310 in the current v7.0 version). E.g: in particular

- Make sure the latest version of the BIOS is installed for your motherboard.
- Check for and install any available Windows updates, then reboot after installing them. (Maybe Windows is downloading or installing something in the background.)
- Make sure that the latest firmware and drivers are installed for each of your hardware devices, and especially for the motherboard chipset, graphics card, and audio interface, checking on their makers' websites for the latest versions. Reboot after installing any updates.
- Make sure that Windows drive indexing is disabled for all drives.
- Also make sure that Sysmain/Superfetch is disabled (also covered in those instructions).

- On the 'General settings | Audio device and channels' screen in Hauptwerk, make sure that the manufacturer-supplied ASIO driver is selected (as opposed to a DirectSound driver, or a third-party driver).
- Set the number of audio buffers to 1, the buffer size to 1024 and the sample rate to 48 kHz, which should be a safe values.

If you then still get the audio glitches with St. Anne's:

- Make sure that no other applications are running.
- Start Resplendence LatencyMon ( https://resplendence.com/latencymon ) running.
- Launch Hauptwerk and load St. Anne's.
- See whether LatencyMon reports and problems with real-time audio when the glitches occur. If so, it may give a strong clue as to their source.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support